Mothering Forum banner

HealthEast or Fairview system?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SuzyLee 
#1 ·
We are trying to be more responsible and find a family dr., both for the baby (after it arrives) and also for DH and I (neither of us having had a physical since, um, jr high?). We'd prefer to stick to St Paul-- Midway, Highland, Mac/Grove, that area.

Our insurance says we must pick a "health system" first, either HealthEast or Fairview. Which would you all recommend? I'm looking for a practice is slow on the draw regarding anti-biotics, doesn't mind delayed vaxing, and doesn't have its after-hours clinic half way across tarnation.

Any specific recommendation, or general impressions of either system in general, are most appreciated!

#2 ·
I'd go with healtheast hands down. I go to the mac/groveland clinic and love it
: We see Dr. Swendroski she's soooo great, we don't vax at all, has never recommended antibiotics (my ds2 has had 2 ear infections) she's a fam practice so see our whole family. The building itself is kinda grotty, but they are relocating to Grand ave
so now I can go to Peapods AND get some food!!! But seriously, healtheast over fairview for sure
I guess in all honesty my impression may be skewed because what comes to mind when I hear fairview is Southdale Fairview hospital, where they have a very alarming c-section rate
:

Okay I'm
rambling but yeah go healtheast!

#4 ·
Healtheast for sure. Went with them through pregnancy and delivered at Woodwinds and had nothing but great experiences all around, even down to calling to schedule an appointment. Every person I talked to really seemed to want my business and treated me very well. Woodwinds was good with the no eye ointment/ no hep B vac...very accomadating. I use a family doc outside the system for my baby so I can't comment on that part...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.