VBAC friendly docs in the Twin Cities?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am newly pregnant with our second and looking for info about VBAC options. I was looking into hospitals and hoping to deliver at St. Joes - but I just found out they don't allow VBACS. I was crushed. Now I guess I need to back up and seek out a practice that even allows for the possibility of a VBAC.
I'm in the NE metro...Also, do you have to go with an OB? What are my options? Please help. Thanks!
#2 of 8 Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 PM

I would go with Generations Midwives and give birth at St. John's. There are three midwives and they are fairly successful with VBACing in their group.

You don't have the option of waterbirth, but they would let you into the regular tub. Plus of course, I would consider staying at home as long as possible.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#3 of 8 Old 10-23-2009, 11:20 PM

i have heard nothing but great, okay, no AMAZING things about HCMC for VBACs. that's where i'm planning to go next time around for mine.

blooma has someone who leads a free VBAC chat series. one of the topics is about choosing the right provider and it's coming up in december. if you need to decide sooner, i'm sure you could get in contact with the woman that runs the series for more info. i've been to a few of the series events and have really learned a lot and it helped me to process some of my emotions from my c-section.

here's the link: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/w...Blooma&stype=2

hoping for a !
#4 of 8 Old 10-24-2009, 11:11 PM

Hi,
I'm also VBACing my 4th. I know that the HCMC midwives have a meet and greet session this Tuesday around the lunch hour. How are the midwives at Meadowbrook/Methodist in St. Louis PArk? Do the HCMC midwives allow intermittent monitoring??

Thanks
#5 of 8 Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 AM

There are also two new birthing centers opening in the Twin Cities this winter and those midwifes are seriously committed to VBACs. I was allowed to VBAC after 2 but that was 5 years ago and things have only gotten worse. I would only use homebirth or a birth center if I were doing it again.

http://www.health-foundations.com/
http://www.morningstarbirth.com/

Connect with ICAN- they have meetings monthly and can also help you make good connections.

HCMC is good, St Johns is good.

Just know that you can do it and only work with people who know you can do it too!

Maureen

Maureen
#6 of 8 Old 10-25-2009, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the information! Lots to think about/research. Good thing I'm still in the first trimester!
#7 of 8 Old 10-29-2009, 08:49 AM

Make sure to check out ICAN. We have a great chapter here. I had my vbac at home with my wonderful midwife Nickie Kerrigan and plan this current baby at home with her again!

Apprentice midwife, partner, mother to two boys 5 and 2 1/2 :::
#8 of 8 Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM

here's a link to ican's vbac policy database page. scroll down, choose "allowed" and then scroll through the results to minnesota. you'll see which hospitals allow vbac. click on hospitals you are interested in to see the notes, which often include specific practices (ob groups, specific docs or midwives!) who are supportive.

http://ican-online.org/vbac-ban-info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page