Need Madison OB & Ped Referrals - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

We have started looking for a good pediatrician for the baby. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 08:45 AM

http://www.wildwoodclinic.com/, Dr. Mallory. She had a Home birth herself. Just get in early because she fills up fast! If not she may be able to reference you to others.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrang View Post

Hi!

I am a first time mom in Madison too! I have unity insurance and go the UW west towne clinic. I see Dr. Sarah Bradley. She is probably new here.....does anybody know about her?

I will be delivering at Meriter and I prefer delivering without much interventions, without pain medications, in the position that is most comfortable etc. - would a midwife be a better choice for this kind of birth rather than an Ob/Gyn?

Normally, once I go into labor and get to Meriter, would there be a midwife to assist and let the labor take its course or would interventions be forced even with minor complications, if there are any?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Meriter is wonderful!  I delivered both times at Meriter and only have good things to say about them.  All of the nurses I had (except one) were AMAZING.  With both births, I had one nurse who stayed with me the entire active labor and both stayed after their shift was over.  So thankful for those two! 

As the previous poster replied, Meriter is great about listening to you, what you want and avoiding interventions.  Overall, midwives tend to intervene less, so you may want to make an appointment with them to see how you like them.  My insurance didn't cover them the second time and I wouldn't have really thought about using them the first time, so I don't have personal experience.

If your OB is with UW Health, chances are they won't be on call when you deliver.  I had an UW Health OB the first time (she wasn't on call) and the nurses asked what my preferences were regarding pain meds, interventions, etc.  They were awesome about respecting everything, never brought up meds (till it was apparent I needed to be prepped for a csection), suggested laboring a million different ways and just being great.  With my second, I went to Melius, Schurr + Cardwell.  Again, my nurse asked my preferences and both the nurse and doctor were supportive of walking, using the birth ball, laboring in the tub (which I did for a long time!), etc.  The second labor was more intense in many ways, but everything seemed calmer because for the most part, it was me, my husband and our nurse.  With the first, I had a couple of nurses, several doctors (due to shift changes), residents, etc. 

Meriter is a baby friendly hospital, too.  They also now do water births, so if you are interested, talk to your doctor.  If they do water births, you do have to take a class before delivering, but you can do them! 

Good Luck!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrang View Post

Hi,

We have started looking for a good pediatrician for the baby. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

What insurance?

User Tag List