Need Madison OB & Ped Referrals - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 5 mths pregnant with our first and will be switching health insurance Jan 1 which means I will need to find a new OB. I'll have GHC insurance & I think that means I can use any of the UW or Meriter OBs. Can anyone recommend someone? I'd like someone who will accomodate requests such as giving me the baby immediately before doing any procedures, no hep B shot, & trying to labor in a variety of positions to delay pain meds (but I have no pain tolerance so I do plan on an epidural at some point). Any suggestions?

I'll also need a pediatrician once the baby comes. We'll be with GHC so someone from there would be good. I do plan on selective/delayed vaccinations, cosleeping and use alternative medicine frequently (acupuncture/herbs) so someone who is supportive or at least not hostile to the above would be nice.

Thanks!
#2 of 34 Old 11-09-2009, 05:13 PM

Hi and welcome! All the things you want for your birth are pretty standard at Meriter for a normal birth. If you need an OB for some reason, check out the ladies at Associated physicians, otherwise I recommend the UW midwives, who also deliver at meriter.

knit.gifMarried to my best friend, mama to two boys (12/5/07, 2/12/10) and a sweet little girl (5/2/13).

#3 of 34 Old 11-09-2009, 06:34 PM

If you have GHC insurance, you HAVE to see a UW Health OB (or a GHC family doctor who also does OB) and you HAVE to deliver at St. Mary's. No questions about it. Unfortunately midwives are not covered under GHC insurance, and delivering at Meriter isn't an option.

Your first step will be a visit with Joan Young, GHC's nurse educator and lactation consultant. All newly-pregnant patients see her, and I'd imagine that since you're a new GHC patient, she'll want to see you, too. She's great, and she's a miracle worker in terms of LCs, FYI. When you see her, you can ask her about why midwives aren't covered. She has an answer that *kind of* makes sense, but not really.

Where in Madison will you be located? There are UW Health and GHC clinics all over, and I'm not sure if you want to stay near home.

For family practice, I see Dr. Julie Gendler at the GHC East Clinic, and I LOVE her. She's young and seems up on current research, which is important to me. She is also my daughter's doctor; we didn't chose a pediatrician, because I trust Dr. Gendler so much. She actually does OB, too, so she could deliver your baby. The good thing about sticking with a family practice doctor is that he or she will be there 80 percent of the time to deliver your baby. If you choose a UW Health OB, you have about a 1 in 20 chance your OB will actually be on call to deliver you. And I've found that family docs are less intervention happy than their OB counterparts, FWIW.

Since I had a c-section with my first (she was breech), insurance dictates I see an OB this time around. I'm seeing Dr. Kim ******, because I personally talked to someone who had a VBAC (no drugs) with her and was happy with her "rules." I'm happy with what I've heard so far, but I'm only 20 weeks so we haven't gotten down to the nitty gritty yet.

I should add that if you hire a doula, GHC will cover a portion of the fee (up to $200, I believe). It comes from the same "refund" money you'd get for joining and using a health club and whatnot. Again, Joan Young should be able to fill you in, or contact member services.

Married 6.10.06   Mommied 4.17.08 and 4.12.10

#4 of 34 Old 11-10-2009, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Are you sure about delivering at St Mary's? When I read our handbook this year I was quite sure that it said GHC was Meriter. That's actually one of the reasons we switched. I'll call tomorrow to check but now I'm concerned.
#5 of 34 Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM

I'm 100 percent positive. I have GHC insurance, and I'm currently pregnant with my second child. There are no other options, and I don't believe it changes based on your employer's plan. GHC is pretty strict with its "you go here and see X doctor" policies.

eta: Depending on your "home" GHC clinic, you might use Meriter for ER visits. But maternity care is done at St. Mary's.

eta again: I just thought of something else. I know what UW Health OBs deliver at Meriter also; however, if your insurance is through GHC, they deliver you at St. Mary's. So maybe that's what you heard?

#6 of 34 Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so I called today and you were right. I have no idea why I thought it was Meriter - that was a big thing that I was looking at. But I probably would have gone w/GHC anyway because it includes dental insurance which saves us a lot of money. Thanks for the advice about Julie. I live a little north of Sun Prairie so I'd like to go to the East Clinic. Just curious, do you do a normal vaccination schedule w/your child? If not, how is she w/that? I just got a long lecture from my OB today about the flu shot.
#7 of 34 Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm sorry I was right! Really, I am, because I wish I could deliver at Meriter, too. However, I was very happy with my care at St. Mary's after I had DD. I can't say anything about the L&D nurses, because I didn't labor at all. But I asked my OB about it, and another woman I know who had a natural birth there, and they both said the nurses will respect my wishes this time around, "even though" I'm a VBAC patient.

I didn't delay with my DD, but I'm planning to with my next. Frankly, I wasn't educated enough on it the first time around, and she was going to daycare, so I just went with the prescribed schedule. I'll probably go with Dr. Sears' schedule this time. Dr. Gendler is pretty open to ideas, though, so I can't see her having much of a problem with it. I really, really like her a lot. She recommends things but never forces them. I didn't get the flu shot in 2007 when I was pregnant with DD, and she didn't bat an eye. And I feel like she really knows me, like if I saw her in the mall or something, she'd know me by name. (But that probably has something to do with the fact that I saw her throughout my pregnancy and still see her regularly with DD.)

FWIW, I really do like GHC, minus the lack of midwifery coverage. Sure it's an HMO with somewhat limited options, but those "limited" options are good options -- doctors at the UW Hospital, etc. And our plan has fabulous coverage (I will pay $0 for my prenatal care, delivery and postpartum care), so I can't complain there. We can have Dean or GHC, and we choose GHC even though there is a Dean clinic here, which would be more convenient.

#8 of 34 Old 11-16-2009, 04:25 AM

A nice feature of GHC coverage is that it has a complimentary medicine benefit for its members. The plan covers 50% of the service fee for massage, acupuncture, reiki, etc. services at its clinics. I saw a GHC acupuncturist a few times before my due date with my third child because I chose to induce labor with her (long story), and I wanted to prepare my cervix since I was unwilling to use Cervadil for ripening. Worked like a charm, and we had a wonderful epidural-free birth at St. Mary's.

St. Mary's L&D nurses are awesome. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They honored my birth plan and worked well with my DH and our doula. The nurses are willing to support you through even the most uncomfortable parts of labor rather than push drugs on you, so if an epi is something you'll eventually want during labor, you may have to ask for one before they offer it to you.

I also think Joan Young is super. She was always so helpful when I called her with my breastfeeding questions (DD1 was a tricky one to breastfeed, she always kept me on my toes with her peculiar nursing habits), and she never rushed me.

Good luck with your doctor search and your upcoming birth. I hope you'll be as pleased with GHC as I have been.

About me: I  caffix.giftreehugger.gifcold.gifknit.gifphotosmile2.gif, and read.gif. Oh, and I'm dizzy.gif with love.gif for DH and DCx3!

#9 of 34 Old 11-30-2009, 05:40 PM

I have GHC.

You can use a family practice doc at Wingra clinic for both birth and instead of a pediatrician.

I chose to have a homebirth. I don't do well in hospital settings.

I think I might make an appt to see this Joan Young if I have another baby. I'd love to hear their justification for flouting state law requiring access to midwives.
#10 of 34 Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
You can use a family practice doc at Wingra clinic for both birth and instead of a pediatrician.
I don't mean to nit-pick, but I'm genuinely curious. GHC doesn't have a "Wingra Clinic," so I wonder which clinic you're talking about. Plus, I believe all GHC clinics give the option of seeing a family practice doctor for maternity care, not just one in particular.

#11 of 34 Old 12-16-2009, 12:57 PM

Wingra clinic is a UW family medicine clinic. GHC covers a couple of UW family practice clinics. We don't go to GHC clinics, I feel it is a conflict of interest to see a doctor directly under the employment of my ins co. I've gone to the GHC counselors a few times and I get the feeling they try to get you out the door and not come back again.
#12 of 34 Old 12-17-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
GHC covers a couple of UW family practice clinics.
Oh, OK. You must be under a different sort of plan than we are then; I'd never heard of GHC also having a UW Health-Family Medicine Network. This explains it a bit.

#13 of 34 Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 PM

nope, we just have plain old vanilla ghc hmo coverage. To join a different "network" you just choose "wingra clinic" (or whatever UW family med clinic you want to go to) as your primary care provider. The catch is, all your family members have to go to the same family med clinic. You can't have some family members at ghc clinics and others at UW clinics.
#14 of 34 Old 12-22-2009, 04:09 PM

Interesting. They sure don't make that very clear -- I'm sure because they don't want people going to clinics other than their own.

GHC East is still most convenient for us, and I LOVE our doctor there.

#15 of 34 Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 AM

I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with a FP/OB at the Capitol Clinic.

I'd REALLY like to hear the explanation for not covering midwives. I've heard there actually is a reason, but everyone seems mum about it. I used to provide child-care for a GHC OB, and after listening to me wonder about this she said that she guessed I hadn't heard the reason why right before her kid ran up and they got ready to leave.

Anyway, I'm overseas and not pregnant yet, but hope to be before I get home in December. My primary care person is Dr. Michelle Thomas, but I'm not against switching. I was surprised when my pre-conception checkup consisted of a Rubella test (and nothing else) even though I expressed concern about heavy metals. I'm considering shelling out for a homebirth, but that's a serious chunk of change that could go to other expenses. Therefore, if there's a GHC OB who would give me a dream birth at St. Mary's, I'd love to know!

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#16 of 34 Old 08-21-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlyGrnMigt View Post
I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with a FP/OB at the Capitol Clinic.
My FP/OB is Deb Shenoi at Hatchery Hill. However, when she originally moved to Fitchburg I needed to stay at Capitol due to transportation issues. I asked my GHC naturopath (Keyena McKenzie) about the Family Practice doctors I was considering, and she steered me to Rebecca Bull. Dr Bull can be hard to get in to see (she works part-time) but Dr McKenzie told me that Dr Bull backs up the UW midwives. Good enough for me! Dr Bull was worked well with me and my fertility issues and helped me get as much help as I could for as little money as possible.

Good luck!

Jenn, breastfeeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, babywearing Mummy to Danny (5/2009)
#17 of 34 Old 09-12-2010, 01:15 AM

I like Dr Bull and Dr Vohmann- both family practice docs at Capitol clinic.
#18 of 34 Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM

Hi!

I just moved to Madison from Germany a couple of months ago and also have GHC through my husband. I just found out yesterday that I was pregnant : (week 5) and now have a bunch of questions. I hope you don't mind if I just post them here? But I don't know many people here yet.

I have an appointment with Joan Young in two and a half weeks and the nurse on the phone said it will only be an informational meeting. Is that true? Is there no exam then? I find it quite late to only get an appointment in 2.5 weeks...is that normal? When will I have my first appointment with my OB?

What happens at the first appointment? When is the first exam with ultrasound and everything? How many prenatal appointments are there in the first couple of months? Is genetic testing covered or do you have to pay extra for that? How many ultrasounds are done and can you get extra ones?

The lady on the phone yesterday said, that I can change my OB if I want to. I am currently with Michelle Thomas at the Capital Clinic, but I have only seen her once for a regular physical and don't really know yet what to think of her. Does anybody else have any prenatal experiences with her? Also, she just had a baby herself, so I'm not sure how available she'll be...? Any thoughts on that?

@Shell_Ell: I just heard that Dr. Vohmann is German, too and am thinking about switching to her. On the GHC website, she doesn't show up as accepting new patients. Do you think I could still ask? Is she nice?

I hope this weren't too many questions! Any help would be great! Thank you so much!
#19 of 34 Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 PM

It's true, meeting with Joan is almost entirely informational. I saw her at 8 weeks and she did offer to look for a heartbeat, but that's all. If she can match you with Dr Vohmann, I'm sure Joan will. You have a great reason to want her.
My son is 18 months old, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I think I saw my doctor (a family practice doctor) at 12 weeks. She checked me over and got me my flu shot. After that, appointments were every 4? weeks. Ultrasound at 20 weeks. Joan can tell you all about what to expect.
Congratulations!

Jenn, breastfeeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, babywearing Mummy to Danny (5/2009)
#20 of 34 Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 AM

Wrenb, thanks so much for your quick reply! And all your info!

I have a few pregnant friends back in Germany and there it's pretty much the same for everybody who is on any of the public health insurances. The first doctor's appointment is between week 5-7 (basically right when you find out), the first ultrasound at week 12 and so on...so I wasn't sure whether it's the same here. I guess I just need to be more patient and wait until I meet Joan

Still can't really believe that I'm actually pregnant...and would just like to have some reassurance.

Thanks again!
#21 of 34 Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Best wishes Sternchen! I've just moved to Wisconsin too.

Thank all so much for posting this information - it's made it a less frustrating day. I'm 9 weeks pregnant with our first baby and had what I though was my first OB appointment with Dr. Thomas canceled today because I'd made it myself without following GHC protocol that you 1. take a GHC pregnancy test (done) then 2. schedule an appointment with Joan Young who gives you an hour's worth of background information on GHC etc. then 3. get assigned to an OB instead of scheduling with your chosen provider. This was not clear in advance and is not at all flexible so I'm left waiting for the next opening in the clinic schedule and it could be weeks. This is not even close to what the plan's literature said. 

We're fortunate in that we have the ability to pay out of medical savings for the Madison Birth Center and have an appointment there tomorrow. Has anyone paid for a midwife/Madison Birth Center and remained a patient at GHC? How have you managed the appointments/which clinic does what?

#22 of 34 Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 PM

Sunsolstice, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. It would have driven me crazy to have to wait so long. I hope you'll get an appointment soon! Did they put you on a wait list? If not, when I made my appointment with Joan Young the receptionist told me to call back frequently to see whether there was a cancellation. But Joan really seems to be fully booked right now. She's out of the office next week, so that doesn't help :(. But just keep calling them. 

I had my appointment with her today. She was very nice. I don't think I got an hour's worth of information from her, but she did answer all the questions I had. She also schedule all the necessary appointments (first ultrasound, labs, first OB visit, first trimester screening) for me, or better put in the referrals for them. I got the labs done right after the appointment and could schedule the first ultrasound for the first week in December. For the other two appointments a nurse will call me back. So everything seems to go pretty smoothly from here (hopefully). 

Sorry, I can't help you with your birthing center question. But feel free to ask anything else that I might know from my visit today. Good luck!! 

#23 of 34 Old 07-08-2011, 12:10 PM

I appreciate this thread and found it via a google search for OBs at GHC.  I didn't realize they don't HAVE OBs at GHC; just family practitioners that do OB, too.

I am "not allowed" to have a family practitioner who does OB because my first birth was an emergency C-section.  UGHHHHHHHH.

I want anyone reading this going forward to know that Deb Shenoi NO LONGER does OB.  She is my primary (I just changed to GHC insurance in May 2011 due to change in employment) and said she wants to be able to reliably spend time with her kids and not be pulled away by a patient in labor.  Fair enough!!  I REALLY like her so far as my PCP, though, and she is currently accepting patients and can be your baby's doc AFTER the birth.  She just doesn't follow pregnancies or do births anymore.

Other people are also recommending Dr. Mark Olinger to me for OB, but he NO LONGER does OB either, and is in family practice.  :(

I have heard good things about Catherine Bedford-Wilke and Monica Vohmann, for those of you who can use FB with OB.

Anyway, no family practitioners can do VBACs or CBACs because having had a previous C-section apparently puts you in a "too high of a risk" category for the FP docs to handle. 

Kim ****** was the OB who did my c-section (I had the UW Midwives under Unity when I had DS; LOVED THEM!).  She was fine and maybe just really tired because it was 3:30 or 4 in the morning, but even her bedside manner the next day was a little distant for my liking.  I'd love to hear if someone else has a better experience with her bedside manner.  Maybe she was woken up and then just tired the next day when I met with her in the hospital.  Maybe she hates being at the hospital.  Who knows.

I have had TWO friends who fairly recently have babies say that Joan Young made them cry and made them anxious when they went to her for LC needs.  I guess she is the "gatekeeper" for all OB assignments and LC at GHC, so you have no choice to use her for getting your OB/FB with OB assigned.  She is the ONLY LC GHC has.  I have used other resources for myself with DS, so I do not plan to see her for LC because she made my friends so upset.  What I don't understand is why they need all these levels to go through to get to the OB.  (You also MUST go to the lab with your FMU for a pregnancy test and the lab MUST find it to be positive before they will let you meet with Joan Young.  And, by the way, they will only call you back if the test is positive.)

Joan does only do a consult and education meeting at your first meeting, but she will set up your dating U/S.  I suppose this is all to "protect" the OBs from having to spend their more valuable time meeting with women who end up with failed pregnancies early on, etc., but it feels cold to me.

Anyway, if anyone still reads this and had a VBAC supporting OB they loved and were successful with, please say so!!!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#24 of 34 Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 PM

When I had a troubling u/s (ended up in a miscarriage at 11 weeks) I got a referral to the UW Health OBs. It turns out that they are in network for GHC. Dr Kim Ma key was fabulous. I don't know how he is about VBAC but given how supportive he was of giving my body and my baby a chance to do their thing, I'd imagine he's supportive. Your best bet, though, is to message Dr Deb and ask who she would recommend for you. That's what I would do in your shoes. Deb delivered my son in 2009 and I'll miss her the next time around!

#25 of 34 Old 03-18-2012, 02:50 PM

HI! I read this thread several times as it always comes up when you search for madison obs ghc etc. I thought I´d add what I know so far and maybe a few questions.
I am pregnant with my second (31 weeks), i am driving across town to see Dr. Ogden, as recommended by Joan Young. But I cant tell you yet how flexible Dr. Ogden will be with my vbac plans (plus, in the end she most likely wont be the one at the birth). However, from the beginning, she and her nurses have been very welcoming about vbac plans, they are always encouraging and reassuring about their intentions to help me have a vbac. Dr. Ogden says all UW OB´s support vbacs. We´ll see.
When you are planning a vbac, though, there are more regulations. No family doctos as many of you have mentioned, less likelihood of letting you go much past your due date (which could very likely hinder your vbac success...), they want you to be hooked up to fetal monitoring (external, and supposedly St Mary´s has some monitors that allow you to get in the tub but I heard of cases where they were all in use so the mom was out of luck, no tub). I asked Dr Ogden about her views on vbacs and being "past your due date" and she says she´d be ok with 41 weeks and then would start talking about a repeat c-section... we´ll see! They are less likely to use pitocin, though, as it increases your chances of uterine rupture. So in a way, that´s good.
We have hired a doula this time and Dr Ogden was very welcoming of her, always remembers what doula I am using etc (at the very least, she reads her chart, a plus!).
Despite my unwanted c-section, i was very pleased with St Marys and the care we received. Everyone was respectful of our disappointment, and very gentle. The lactation consultants were great. I wouldnt go to Joan Young for LC care, just go to Happy Bambino, Nicki´s Diapers, LLL, etc.
The whole process of urine test, meeting Joan Young, getting an OB not quite assigned to you but srtongly suggested, is really annoying and ridiculous. Also when they call you back to tell you the test is positive, they always act like they are giving you a big surprise!! so annoying, how many people dont know that already! I said something about it, and the person was shocked that I already knew... at 7 weeks. Anyway...

The actual meeting with Joan Young is fine, if you are a first timemom you´ll be glad to get an idea of how things will be scheduled, etc. I was still nursing my 3.5 year old when I saw her and she was very excited about it', no silly comments about me being pregnant, and my daughter being too old to nurse... so that was encouraging.

Anyway, all that said, I need a referral for a ped or family doctor through GHC for our new baby. We are on the west side, it would be nice to not have to keep travelling to the east clinic, but I´ll go anywhere for a doctor who understands our alternative vaccine schedule, comittment to breastfeeding, cosleeping, not CIO, etc.

Any good peds for that?

sorry for the book!
#26 of 34 Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Hi!

I am a first time mom in Madison too! I have unity insurance and go the UW west towne clinic. I see Dr. Sarah Bradley. She is probably new here.....does anybody know about her?

I will be delivering at Meriter and I prefer delivering without much interventions, without pain medications, in the position that is most comfortable etc. - would a midwife be a better choice for this kind of birth rather than an Ob/Gyn?

Normally, once I go into labor and get to Meriter, would there be a midwife to assist and let the labor take its course or would interventions be forced even with minor complications, if there are any?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

#27 of 34 Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrang View Post

Hi!

I am a first time mom in Madison too! I have unity insurance and go the UW west towne clinic. I see Dr. Sarah Bradley. She is probably new here.....does anybody know about her?

I will be delivering at Meriter and I prefer delivering without much interventions, without pain medications, in the position that is most comfortable etc. - would a midwife be a better choice for this kind of birth rather than an Ob/Gyn?

Normally, once I go into labor and get to Meriter, would there be a midwife to assist and let the labor take its course or would interventions be forced even with minor complications, if there are any?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

I delivered at Meriter and my experience there was pretty good, even though I ultimately ended up with a c-section. What I mean by that is:

• I refused cervical exams for the first 16 hours that I was at the hospital, and they didn't bat an eyelash.
  • I was not automatically hooked up to a fetal monitor. I was able to labor in whatever position I wanted, moving freely throughout the birth suite and walking the halls at one point.
  • They were really hands-off and let me, my doula, and my partner do our thing with minimal interference (all I remember is an occasional BP check). I vomited repeatedly and they were great about bringing me barf bags, fresh towels, that sort of thing.
  • They were not pushy about any interventions, though they did ask several times. But when I refused, they didn't argue with me or try to force anything.
  • It was really my decision to accept interventions when I became exhausted after 20+ hours of laboring with no progress. I felt respected in every choice. I never felt that by accepting one intervention, it was assumed that more would be necessary.
  • Even with the epidural, they were supportive of me laboring in different positions and helped me to do so as much as possible. I pushed for 3 hours in a variety of positions.
  • The nurses were AWESOME.

I'd say that if for whatever reason a home birth and/or Madison Birth Center birth are not in the cards for you, Meriter is a pretty good way to go.

Living in Wisconsin with my partner of 20+ years and our DDenergy.gif(Born 10/09/08 ribboncesarean.gif). Why CI Mama? Because I love contact improvisation!

#28 of 34 Old 04-13-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CI Mama View Post

I delivered at Meriter and my experience there was pretty good, even though I ultimately ended up with a c-section. What I mean by that is:

• I refused cervical exams for the first 16 hours that I was at the hospital, and they didn't bat an eyelash.
  • I was not automatically hooked up to a fetal monitor. I was able to labor in whatever position I wanted, moving freely throughout the birth suite and walking the halls at one point.
  • They were really hands-off and let me, my doula, and my partner do our thing with minimal interference (all I remember is an occasional BP check). I vomited repeatedly and they were great about bringing me barf bags, fresh towels, that sort of thing.
  • They were not pushy about any interventions, though they did ask several times. But when I refused, they didn't argue with me or try to force anything.
  • It was really my decision to accept interventions when I became exhausted after 20+ hours of laboring with no progress. I felt respected in every choice. I never felt that by accepting one intervention, it was assumed that more would be necessary.
  • Even with the epidural, they were supportive of me laboring in different positions and helped me to do so as much as possible. I pushed for 3 hours in a variety of positions.
  • The nurses were AWESOME.

I'd say that if for whatever reason a home birth and/or Madison Birth Center birth are not in the cards for you, Meriter is a pretty good way to go.

Thanks so much! Your reply kind of makes me feel at ease!

#29 of 34 Old 04-20-2012, 12:32 PM

So we move to Madison in 6 weeks or so...And wondering if anyone has current recommendations for Peds/FP for my two littles...We alt/delay vax and will either have Unity or Phys Plus insurance.  And totally a shot in the dark...but anyone know what insurance is better if you have a kid with apraxia as far as reimbursing for therapies?  Thanks!!!!

#30 of 34 Old 05-17-2012, 12:33 PM

Just a note about Dr. Bedford-Wilke. She left the practice in Dec. I had her for my last birth and she was awesome. Now I am having a hard time figuring out who I want since there are no FP with OB at Hatchery Hill anymore. I really want the Birth Center and they are currently working with GHC so hopefully that will be an option soon. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page