New to St. Cloud area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I just moved to the St. Cloud area from the cities. Can anyone tell me about the area? How about special needs groups, like Special Olympics? I'm also looking to volunteer either with special needs children or the homeless population. Can anyone offer ideas of where to look for this?
Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 01-02-2010, 12:26 PM

hi there - i'm in big lake, feel free to em me if you'd like! i haven't been here that long either
Joanna
#3 of 4 Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Hi
I live in St. Cloud and have for most of the last 10 years, so let me know if you have more questions.
I don't know much about special needs groups, but Community Ed might be a place too start investigating there. CAtholic Charaties or United Way would both be places I would start if looking to volunteer with the homeless.
The St. Cloud times Sunday paper generally lists volunteer opportunities as well.
Are there other things you are interested in finding out about, St. Cloud can be amazingly like a small town and its sometimes hard to find community at first. The Good Earth Food co-op is one place I first met people when I moved here.

Mama to three - DD : 1/03, DS 2/06, and DS 6/09.
#4 of 4 Old 01-20-2010, 01:39 PM

I live in St. Cloud as well and work for an organization called Arc Midstate. We are a non-profit that provides advocacy, resources and connections to those with special needs and their caregivers. We have a number of trainings throughout the year as well as hold support groups for parents/caregivers of children with Autism, Down Syndrome and FASD. You can look us up on the web or pm me if you'd like the phone number or have other questions. Welcome to the area! It's a lot prettier when not covered with dirty snow. ;-)

Mama to Maia (12/04), Nora (9/09), Sam (8/12) and Step-mama to Aidan (3/02) and Luci (10/04).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page