Midwife for a physician in St. Paul? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went with a midwife for my first baby, but I think she was intimidated by the fact that I am a physician who attends deliveries. She made decisions that were REALLY overcautious. I don't trust her for my second delivery (plus this was back home in Canada) She was very experienced and had appeared very confident during the whole ante-partum care, I really liked her, but I was dissapointed with how she managed things and I would like to avoid going through this a second time. Does anybody know a midwife in St Paul who would be more comfortable with this situation? If that makes any difference, Im not a "typical" physician, my views on delivery are much closer to those of a midwife in general...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would dare to bet that you will be able to find someone who is perfect for you. There are many midwives in Minneapolis/St Paul, so you are in luck. Are you looking for a homebirth midwife or a hospital birth?

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

For a homebirth
Old 01-06-2010, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would just start calling and setting up interviews with midwives to see who you think might click the best. I don't know who in particular might be the best fit for you, but I feel certain that you will be able to find it

Here are some places to start:
http://www.minnesotamidwives.org/Min...ives/Home.html

http://www.minnesotabirthnetwork.com...eresource.html

http://www.mfmidwifery.org/mnmidwives.html

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 AM

I hired Kim Garrett and am an OB nurse myself. I liked that she was appropriately cautious and evidence based, but confident as well.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

Old 01-13-2010, 11:43 AM

Check out Dr. Amy Johnson-Grass, we used her for our 2008 homebirth, it was an awesome experience, she was really wonderful!! She attends homebirths and is also opening a birth center, her website is www.health-foundations.com. I really can't say enough great things about her!

Can I ask what kind of physician you are? We're looking for a family practice Dr, somewith with a more holistic approach to health care. PM me if that might be you :-)
Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Im a family doctor, but im not practicing in this country. We are here temporarily while my husband completes his training at U of M. But if you want to come see me in canada in two years...

User Tag List