Milwaukee ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2010, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

My husband, new baby girl, and I are moving to Milwaukee in May. I was born and raised there but have been in TX for the past 8 years for school. I am planning on opening up my chiropractic office somewhere in the suburbs of Milwaukee. I have a few questions since I've only been back a few times a year and never been there with a new baby!

Does anyone know of any non-vax friendly peds there?
Any homebirth midwives in the area that are great?
Any natural mom's clubs?

In my practice I focus mainly on pregnant women and children and when doing a search of birth centers in Wisconsin I only came across one in Madison. Does anyone know of any free standing birth centers around the Milwaukee area? My husband and I have talked about a long term goal of starting a free standing birth center in that area because of our passion for natural birth and trust in women and their processes.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Mommy to a beautiful DD, my 3yo princess!dust.gif

Excited to meet baby #2, due Nov 2013!!  belly.gifh20homebirth.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM

Oh yes we have one close to Milwaukee!!

Check out well-rounded maternity http://www.well-roundedmaternity.com/

Its located in Menomonee Falls, which is just a bit like 20 minutes north of Wauwatosa/Milwaukee.

Coral is a fabulous woman and owns the center and she also runs the C.A.R.E Network which has a great listing for midwives, bodyworkers, doulas, childbirth educators and etc.

I just transplanted from Seattle, but it seems like Milwaukee is catching up on the scene of natural birth ...finally!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 03-05-2010, 01:19 PM

I think there's one in Appleton too, isn't there?

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome! My boy was born at Coral's, it's a great place. It's run a little differently than the one in Madison I think. There's many classes and such there too, it would probably be a great place for you to meet some people. I think her website probably has the local natural parenting group that meets in a couple of different places too. I never looked into it becuase I work full-time and they meet during the week.

We're selective/delayed vaxers, so take this with a grain of salt, but we see Dr. Renee Sinopoli (I saw her as my backup during my pregnancy as well), she's a family doc for Columbia St. Mary's. There's also Dr. Claudia Koch who practices in the Bayview area of Milwaukee.

I have heard of a doctor out in Delafield as well (whose name escapes me at the moment), but I hear he's got an excruciatingly long wait list. Perhaps someone else can chime in with some other options.

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Old 04-03-2010, 02:42 PM

The Dr. in Delafield is Dr. Kemsler (sp?). There is also Dr. Wasserman

Our Ped is Dr Koch. She is GREAT. She is fine with whatever you want to do about vaxes - none, partial, fully.

Debby Studey was our midwife for our homebirth 8 months ago. She is GREAT as well. (see the other post about Midwives in Milw)

Coral is also GREAT at Well Rounded Maternity. I LOVE her pernatal yoga class.

Our Chiropractor is Anne Maedke who is of holistic beliefs (and also attended my homebirth!)

We do have a yahoo group - Milwaukee Attachment Parenting (MilwAPMoms)

I have not found a natural minded mommas group in Milwaukee yet....I'm thinking of starting one!

Interested in green living and money saving ideas? GreenThriftyMama.blogspot.com
Mama to my little dude
Old 04-03-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Redhead View Post

We do have a yahoo group - Milwaukee Attachment Parenting (MilwAPMoms)

I have not found a natural minded mommas group in Milwaukee yet....I'm thinking of starting one!
Scarlet - I will have to check out the AP group - is it just milwAPMoms at yahoo?

There is a or might be a was holistic moms network group meeting over in Bayview every first monday of the month. I haven't seen any postings lately from them if you want the contact information let me know and I'll PM you with it

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the wonderful replies! We are moving May 15th and are excited about it! I would love to be apart of a holistic mommas group or help start one!

Mommy to a beautiful DD, my 3yo princess!dust.gif

Excited to meet baby #2, due Nov 2013!!  belly.gifh20homebirth.gif

Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 PM

As far as I know, the Holistic Moms is still going. Their facebook group hasn't been updated in a few months, but you could certainly contact someone to find out if they are still having meetings: http://www.facebook.com/lisa.desmond...id=47505144707

On Coral's website (Well-Rounded Maternity Center) there should be a link where you can request to join the yahoo group - she calls it a listserv - this is just like the Milwaukee AP moms list (mostly the same people) plus people will talk about when and where the parenting groups will be meeting, since some groups move outside to a park in the summertime.

Lisa - dd 6-06
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM

I also live in bayview and am looking for a more intentional mothering community. We see Claudia Koch as well and she delivered my 4 month old(I also have a 6 year old). We LOVE her and she is a good friend. My husband I want to see Ann Maedke but she is not in-network for us, but we took our little one to see Monica Maroney in shorewood for infant "chiropractic" care and she is wonderful. Our son had torticollis and she helped us work through that issues with minimal intervention.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 AM

I'm so glad you're asking these questions. I was just about to come here and post them.

We're moving to the Bayview area at the end of the month and I am in a complete panic about finding a friend network like I have currently and finding the right pediatrician and dentist and chiropractor.

I come from an area with an extremely active AP group and Milwaukee's lack of a huge group has me so nervous!

Scarlet_Redhead, do you have a link to your yahoo group? I found one Milwaukee AP moms, but I think it might be different than yours.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM

Hi everybody!

Is anything still going on with starting a mothering group in Milwaukee? I am a first time mommy to a 4 month old baby boy and looking for some support and a natural-approach mothering group... I was living out of the area for a long time and now I am back.

if anyone knows anything please contact me at 323.251.9344, my name is Liz. Or respond to the post.

thanks! Hope to hear something soon!

User Tag List