Wisconsin places to stop and strech our legs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will be traveling with mother in law and two kids age 4 and 6 on a 10+ hour drive from Michigan to Minneapolis. Need a place west of Chicago to stop and stretch our legs. Park will be great if the weather is nice, but if it's too cold and rainy would like an alternate idea.

Any fab restaurants on the route would also be nice.

Would consider going through Stevens Point, WI. Adds on at least 1/2 hour to the drive and changes the route, but there is a playground there my kids loved when we stayed there before.

Otherwise, I know Madison is on the route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Are you talking about the KASH (Kids are Special Here) park in Stevens Point? The huge, awesome, wheelchair-accessible one by the river? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the KASH park.

If you go that way, there's a Children's Museum downtown (in the "Mall;" it's the only thing of worth in the stupid mall) where your kids could play for a few bucks... there's a little indoor climbing structure.

I'm sure Madison has something equally cool (or cooler!), but I don't know the area so can't help.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM

We never go to Madison without stopping at Ella's Deli! http://www.ellas-deli.com/
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 AM

Eau Claire is a little under two hours east of MNPLS and might be too close to your destination to stop. But if you need one last break, there is a water park inside a hotel, next to a giant, noisy arcade/bumper cars/climbing wall-type place (off of 94 near Golf Road and Hwy 93).

Single HB mama to 2!

User Tag List