Did you do anything new before you tried to conceive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine wants to replicate a workshop she's done on the east coast and I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not this is of interest to people here (Milwaukee area). We want to do a panel discussion with various practitioners and researchers on preparing your body for conception, health during pregnancy and then health during the first year of life/nursing with the goal of optimizing fertility, the health of the baby and mother at birth and beyond.

This is a topic I think deserves more attention than the info I received which was basically, take folic acid. But others look at me like I'm from Mars when I go one about birth and it's importance.

Any thoughts?

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did, but I am done having children. I was way more interested after I had a miscarriage. I think this is of utmost importance. You could connect with Jeanne Ohm at Pathways to Family Wellness magazine, and the aTLC as well as Weston A Price foundation. They are all trying to reach the same market that you are, only you want to help expand into the group who is not yet conscious of this matter.

You could market it to various age groups with different language, appealing to where they are at in life. I believe this is an issue for all teens and women, as the health of fertility IS the fertility for a healthy life. Being fit for pregnancy means being fit for all other activities in life and for preventing problems in old age.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page