tumbling/gymnastics in western burbs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-26-2010, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love to find a good match for us but have no idea where to start. I'm not interested in competition or her being the best at it. I was hoping to find a low key summer class that she could take. Small class size would be important to us. Anybody have thoughts? We are in Mound but have heard of some places in Waconia and Minnetonka. Any experiences in these areas?
#2 of 4 Old 06-26-2010, 08:20 PM

My 8yo DD goes to Waconia for gymnastics. Although they have competitive programs, the beginner levels have been super low-key. It's a newer gym, which means they are still trying to build up their program. As a result, class sizes are small. There are 4 girls in DD's class this summer. I've been really happy with all of the instructors that my DD has had, and I've been impressed with what I've seen of other instructors as well. They are very gentle and encourage the kids to do their best. I've also been happy with the redirection I've seen DD's teacher use this summer- my DD has been known to cop an attitude, and her instructor has done a great job ignoring the smart-alecky behavior and redirecting DD to other activites.

If your child has an interest in gymnastics, I'd encourage you to go with a good gym. Prior to this, DD took gymnastics classes at a dance studio and they only did floor work and a little bit of work on the beam. It's been challenging for my DD to catch up on the bars. I wish we would've started here instead. My 6yo DD will also be taking classes in Waconia in the fall.

They do have a full summer session, and I think there are a few week-long camps also. If you have any other questions, LMK. Or call and chat with them- they're really helpful on the phone

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#3 of 4 Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the tips! I will be sure to check it out. I'm assuming there is only one place in Waconia but just to make sure, could you tell me the gym that you go to?
#4 of 4 Old 06-27-2010, 08:25 PM

http://www.premiergymnasticsmn.com/

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page