Milwaukee Mom - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-07-2010, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I am an "old-timer" but it has been a long-time now since I posted. I am a mom of four. Three adult children out of the house. Well...actually, in and out! LOL! And one nine year old daughter. I am a high school English teacher and am married.

I am looking for names of pediatricians in the Milwaukee area who do not cast judgment or lecture about vaccines. Recently due to our family practice doctor going into a heart specialty practice, I took my dd to a new doctor at an HMO clinic.

I only take her when she is sick and for a "physical" which she needs for activities at school.

This doctor went on and on about her not being vaccinated and wouldn't I just feel awful if something happened to her...would I be able to forgive myself if she got sick.

So, I am looking for a new doctor. Just to establish her with someone in case of emergency.

Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 AM

If you look in the Minnesota/Wisconsin tribe there are threads about this exact topic. I know I take my DD to Dr. Kamsler in Delafield, but I'm not sure if he's excepting new patients. I do know that there are other Dr.s out there who aren't opposed to nonvaxing I'm just not sure who they are.

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

#3 of 6 Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 AM

i've moved this over to the Minn/Wisc. tribe.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#4 of 6 Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 PM

Hi! Claudia Koch at Bayview family practice is very lecture-free. However, not all doctors/nurse practicioners at that practice are, so make sure if you go, you only get scheduled with Dr. Koch.
#5 of 6 Old 07-25-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmama View Post
Hi! Claudia Koch at Bayview family practice is very lecture-free. However, not all doctors/nurse practicioners at that practice are, so make sure if you go, you only get scheduled with Dr. Koch.
She's our family doc as well (she attended my labor and would have caught my son if he hadn't gotten stuck--needless to say when she said I needed a C-section I wasn't concerned it was an "I'm missing my tee time, hurry up" thing) and she's awesome. She doesn't do newborn Hep B at the hospital and, when one of the nurses asked if we were going to circ and I said no, her response was "he's a lucky baby."

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#6 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmama View Post

She's our family doc as well, and we her, but last I heard she's not taking new clients. We've seen others at the clinic as well and haven't had a bad experience to speak of.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page