Check out the Holistic Moms Network group in Milwaukee - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you know about the awesome Holistic Moms Network chapter in Milwaukee? We have several different ways you can meet up with us.

- Our official meeting is the 1st Monday of the month from 6:30-8pm at the St. Francis library.
- We meet at Humbolt Park playground (Bay View) on Thursdays at 10am.
- Our Breastfeeding Support group meets the 2nd Sat of the month.

Our up coming Monday meetings are
Oct 6th 2010 - "You Are What You Digest"
Allergies, asthma, IBS, acid reflux, and more, are all related to digestion. Learn how to improve digestion and therefore, improve your health.

Nov 1st 2010 – “Reducing Your Toxic Load”
Toxins are an unfortunate part of our daily life. Learn how to reduce their effect on you and your family’s bodies.

Dec 6th 2010 – “Results Toward Health”
Learn about alternative and holistic therapies to access blocked physical, emotional, or spiritual disease and bring long lasting results toward health.

Jan 3rd 2011 – “Mindfulness”
Mindfulness based stress reduction – Something we all will need after the crazy holidays!

You are welcome to attend two meetings (not counting the playgroup) before deciding if you want to join the Holistic Moms Network. Check out HolisticMoms.org for more details.

Being a sahm is lonely! Being a natural, eco, green mama is even more isolating.... but not with HMN. I have found my tribe.

Interested in green living and money saving ideas? GreenThriftyMama.blogspot.com
Mama to my little dude
#2 of 5 Old 09-23-2010, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Oooops, I guess it would be good to give you the correct date of the meeting. Oct 4th not the 6th.
Life as a mama....

Interested in green living and money saving ideas? GreenThriftyMama.blogspot.com
Mama to my little dude
#3 of 5 Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Redhead View Post
- We meet at Humbolt Park playground (Bay View) on Thursdays at 10am.
I think I inadvertently ran into your playgroup today! I was at Humboldt this morning collecting leaves with my kids for an art project. We stopped to play at the new playground for awhile and a playgroup showed up. I might have been the only one NOT there for the playgroup I had three kids and a bright red stroller, and my son was dressed like a fireman. Like he always is

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#4 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

TOO FUNNY!!! I am so sorry I did not say Hi. It is kind of weird to just come up to people and say Hi are you a holistic mom? I had a feeling that I should have talked to you. I am sorry I didn't. My little guy was the blondie in the halloween shirt playing with your sons fireman rain boots and your daughters learning puppy and your stroller and your bag of leaves. I guess he kept trying to get me to talk to you but I didn't listen.
Yep that was our group of mamas and kiddos. We have been having a really great turnout..well, with this awesome weather we all should be at the park everyday!!! We will meet there untill the weather gets too bad then we plan to meet at our houses on a rotating schedule.
Please let me know if you want anymore info about HMN. Come check out a meeting if you'd like. Hope to see ya next Thursday. I can put you on the invite list if you send me your e-mail address.
I am Amanda by the way.
Talk to ya soon.

Mama to my little dude
#5 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 12:48 PM

My name is Amanda, too! Funny! Don't worry about not saying hi, two members of your group actually did introduce themselves and ask if I was there for the playgroup, but I did not know what kind of organization it was or anything so I said no. If I had caught the group's name I might have asked more questions. I have been invited to join HMN a couple times in the distant past... (did it used to meet on Lincoln? Or is that a different chapter maybe? And I remember some kind of holistic moms meeting in Oak Creek as well...) but it is over the baby's bedtime so I am never able to attend evening groups like that. I eventually had to quit attending LLL for the same reason.

If the weather is nice I was thinking of taking the kids back to the park next Thursday morning, though... such a beautiful new playground! Yesterday was our first time there since it re-opened. I will PM you my e-mail address.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page