Good Afternoon. I am looking for a VBAC friendly doctor in the Hartford, Wisconsin area (Menomonee Falls, Germantown, Mequon, Oconomowoc, West Bend, Hartland area ok as well) Has to be an OB, I will not beable to have a homebirth birth due to faniting isssues with my husband.
Here is my story for those that are intrested- I had my dear daughter 17 weeks ago on August 9th. On August 2 and August 6 I had my membranes swept. I went into the hospital on August 8 due to having horriable doubling over pain while using the bathroom and timeable back pain. I arrived at the hospital at 4:30 pm were I was checked and was 2 cm dialated (no change fromy my previous appointment), I was told that they were going to monitor me for a while and that I should get up and walk. I walked for an hour an a half around the birthing center floor at the hospital. The on call doctor came and checked me and I still had not changed. However I kept continuing to have the double over pain while using the bathroom so the doctor decided to keep me over night and give me a pain medication and sleeping pill so that I could get rest. (I had been having these pains since my appointment on the 6th) The next morning the new on-call doctor came in and checked me at 7:30am I was 3 cm dialated. At 9:30 am the on-call doctor broke my water and suggested that if I wanted an epi that I get one soon. I requested it then. At 11:30 they came in and administered my epi and check me again. I was 3-4 cm. From the period of 12 to about 4pm I moved from side to side to help with the contractions. I got little to no help from the epi. At about 4pm I felt the need to push but I was only 9.5 cm at that time the doctor on call had me push to see if it would stimulate that last lip of cervix to move it didn't but the doctor was able to move it while I was pushing. I pushed for 1 hour with little progress, I was throwing up due to the amount of pain I was in I begged for it to be over with. My mom and H encoraged me to continue I did. The Doctor and Nurse in the room had me switch from my side to hands and knees to see if that would help. I was on my hands and knees for a total of 45 minutes pushing and then moved back to my side/back were I pushed for another hour. During that time my Daughters heartrate dropped into the 80's twice the second time it did not recover for a few minutes and then would recover and drop again. It was decided that my daughter needed to be out then. I was rushed to the OR for a c/s. In the OR I was given a boost to the epi- it did not work so I was put under. Upon coming out of general I had trouble breathing due to the vomiting I had done earlier, the secreations paralized my vocal cords and I was unable to cough like I needed to. I did not know that I had a daughter (we chose to not know the sex) until 4 hours after her birth when everyone in my family had already held her. I struggled with this and still do to this day. When my OB came to see me the next day she told me that my daughter was stuck and they had to pull extreamly hard to get her out, my daughter had brusing of her head and left eye it was that bad. It was then that she also told me due to this I had to have repeat c/s.
I am not comfortable with having a r/c/s unless it is totally medically needed. So before I get pregnant again,(we are hoping to try for number 2 around the 1 year mark) I would like to get a second opinion with a VBAC friendly doctor. My current doctor is obviously not VBAC friendly. I am looking for any suggestions.
Sorry that was long and thank you for your help!
|41 members and 15,091 guests|
|Alexa2015 , bananabee , blueskysunday123 , cagnew , Dakotacakes , Deborah , emmy526 , greenemami , heyxxmcfly , hillymum , IsaFrench , JHardy , joycef , judybean , katelove , kathymuggle , LiLStar , mckittre , Michele123 , Mirzam , monicatailor , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , NaturallyKait , Nazsmum , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , samaxtics , shantimama , Shmootzi , Sihaya , Skippy918 , Springshowers , sren , Turquesa , zebra15 , Zilver|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|