Daycare needs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I thought I'd post here about my daycare needs in hopes that there might be someone looking to take on a child or two, or that someone here may have good suggestions.

I'm going back to work on March 1st and I'm going to need daycare for my daughter who is almost 5 and my 6 month old son. DD will be in Kindergarten this fall, so I would prefer somewhere in Forest Lake where she'll be going to school so that she can get the bus to daycare. My fiance works in Maplewood though, so realistically we could have them go anywhere between Forest Lake and Maplewood. I have care available for DD that is only $99/week, but she doesn't have an infant opening, so I'm trying to find someplace I can take both kids.

So here's what we need - care for DD and DS for a reasonable/affordable price, preferably with a sibling/family discount available. Flexible hours: we won't need to drop them off at all before 8:30am, but there may be nights we can't pick them up until about 6:30pm and everywhere I've looked charges an arm and a leg for that extra half hour slot. The nights they are there until 6:30pm, they wouldn't be dropped off until between 12:30 and 2:30 though, so it would be a shorter day.

We would like someone who is knowledgeable about allergies, as DD has egg and peanut allergies and carries an epi pen. I prefer a peanut/peanut butter free environment. All the other standard things apply as well, trustworthy person who is good with the kids and has planned activities to help them learn grow and have fun. I would prefer DD have at least one other child close to her age that she could play with while there.

This has been like trying to find a needle in a hay stack!!! Please, if you have any recommendations or if you yourself are looking to do childcare please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page