Longfellow neighborhood in Minneapolis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are contemplating a move to the twin cities and have friends (w/o kids) in the Longfellow neighborhood.  Longfellow would put us in walking/biking distance to work.  Can anyone tell us more about raising kids in this neighborhood?  (We know it has "sub-neighborhoods" like Seward and would love to hear more about these as well).  TIA!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 AM

http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/neighborhoods/longfellow_profile_home.asp

here's some info on it. Minneapolis is great for parks and fun stuff in every neighborhood. and if you're close to a biking trail then you're set! plus it's the Twins Cities, so you're only a short drive from just about anything!

K, wifey to M, PROUD SAH-mama to Catherine Grace
Had a dreamy VBAC waterbirth.jpg to handsome John Gabriel
Crazy about femalesling.GIF  cd.gif familybed2.gif

#3 of 5 Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM

I guess it depends on what you are used to... I mean are you used to city living? Street smart? It isn't the best neighborhood or the worst... 

#4 of 5 Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM

The Longfellow neighborhood is actually one of the best places in Minneapolis to raise a family. Houses in that area sells very quickly.  I say go for it! (BTW-I live in St. Paul, but lived in Mpls for over 15+ years.)

#5 of 5 Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 AM

Location: In the garden of dreams***Tellin myself it's not as hard as it seems***

I have never personally lived in that neighborhood, I lived in the Whitier neighborhood, but I have friends that live there and I hang around there quite often. I think it's a beautiful neighborhood and very kid friendly. Tons of parks w/i walking distance, and everwhere in Longfellow is quite close to the river which is my favorite part of the entire city of Mpls! I don't know if you have a dog, but there is a dog park on the river that is just sprawling and quite amazing that I go to year round which is super fun to hike! There are also some cute coffee shops/ cafes, and yoga/ dance studios that I enjoy in that area as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page