Homes and homebirth in Wisconsin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband, 2 boys and I were going to move to WI in a few years. But we may be moving a lot sooner, like this year. Does anyone have any good links to websites for houses to rent in the Oshkosh area? We'll only be living there a few years, so we aren't looking to buy, and we don't want a apartment or condo, we need a house.

If we move there this year we'll also be having our 3rd child there. We will be TTCing late next year. Are there ary good CNMs anyone recommends in the Oshkosh area for homebirth?

~Attatchment and Natural Parent from instincts not from books to my 2 boys~ Childbirth Educator & Placental Encapsulation Professional
homeschool.gif familybed2.gif homebirth.jpgribbonpb.gif
#2 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 AM

I don't know about rentals but for homebirth check out http://wisconsinbirthcenter.com/. I am considering them for my homebirth and while they are based in Appleton I am sure they will travel to Oshkosh because is much closer to them then where I am (Green Bay).

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#3 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Oh wow that place looks lovely and they sound really professional. I will certainly be giving them a call if we do move this summer.

~Attatchment and Natural Parent from instincts not from books to my 2 boys~ Childbirth Educator & Placental Encapsulation Professional
#4 of 6 Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

That is the area that I moved from. I lived in Neenah and Appleton for about 9 years. There are so many really awesome midwives in the area! You have so many choices. There are not any CNMs in the area who do homebirths, but CPMs are plentiful there. Rentals are pretty easy to come by in Oshkosh and pretty cheap. We stayed up in the Appleton area and to find a rental we just drove around the neighborhoods we wanted to live in and found rental signs and called. Otherwise, craigslist is really useful.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#5 of 6 Old 03-17-2011, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Erika!

#6 of 6 Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 PM

We used BirthWise for our first child and LOVED it!  Jill and Marijke are wonderful and it is nice to have a choice of homebirth or birth center birth.   THe tubs at the birth center are amazing!  They will travel because we are doing a homebirth for our second and we live an hour away. 

Anyway, there are some CNMs at both the Aurora Hospital and the Mercy Hospital but you have to do a hospital birth.  Mercy has tubs for waterbirth and you can leave a few hours after the birth if you want to (assuming all is ok with everyone). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page