lacrosse wi natural parenting play group? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a play group in lacrosse wi, so my girl can make some friends! i'm not sure if there's one started already... but i'd be willing to start organizing one if anyone is interested. let me know!

#2 of 20 Old 04-18-2011, 12:40 PM

I know that there are a number of natural parenting moms in the Tuesday Mom group at the Family Resource center but the group itself is mixed up. Don't know of any actual natural parenting group in La Crosse though. It would be nice to meet up with other moms who do more of the natural parenting stuff. I'm sort of in the middle, there are some things I do, some things I don't, some I could improve on. Just really been needing to find more moms to meet with period especially since my one friend will be moving away soon. It's not easy though because I rely on the bus system to get anywhere and it's just not the most convenient here.

#3 of 20 Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM

I'm in!  I have a 1 1/2 year old son and we are looking for a play group.  We just moved here so looking to meet some friends!  Meet at Children's Museum or park maybe???

#4 of 20 Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Would love to check out the Children's Museum sometime when we have a little extra money to go as I've yet to take my five year old there. We not too far from Copeland and I know the bus goes by other parks in the area too so it would be great to meet up sometime.

#5 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

i'm close to copeland too! maybe we can meet up for a farmer's market day and let the kiddos play in the grass. sometimes they have music there, which would be a plus.

#6 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

ps, i'm in for the children's museum when i have some extra monies, but for now, its free fun for us.

#7 of 20 Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM

I hear you on the free fun! lol Speaking of Farmer's Market, on May 27th there will be baby animals there. Been telling everyone that since we're planning to take our girls that day. I think it's from the usual 4-8 time but I'll double check when I go by there on Friday, I'm hoping, during all of my errand running (not always easy to do on the bus, let me tell you!). Trying to figure out what all we're going to be doing this summer as it's the first summer my daughter is older enough to really do things. Planning to see what kind of things they have for Parks and Rec this year. I was hoping to get her into some of the summer enrichment classes but I wasn't rather disappointed by the choices, the amount of time (or lack thereof), and the fact that you have to pay for it now. It was free when I was a kid and there were more classes for longer periods. Now, it's barely a week and it's at least $5 per class!

#8 of 20 Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

oooh dang i wish i could go to that! olive would love the animals! i'm running a stand at the ho-chunk pow wow in black river falls that weekend though. maybe they'll have some later in the year...

#9 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 PM

I know this is from last month, but just wondering if anything got set up?  I have been looking all over for a natural parenting playgroup.  It would be nice to meet some like minded moms IRL :)

#10 of 20 Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM

No, unfortunately not. I think a lot of people are just busy this time of year. There are some parenting groups I've seen pop up but they tend to be for parents with a car, a bit of money, and lots of time on their hands and all I have is the time. ha ha ha Sadly, I'm not as natural as I used to be. I'm having to give up the cloth diapering at the moment because our washing situation is getting to be a massive pain. We share washing and drying machines with 5 other apartments and management is not that great about the upkeep and people aren't great about not keeping their stuff in the machines for days at at time. Not to mention there's been issues with the washer backing up into the basement. So with that, and the time thing (I'm on the second floor so I'm running up and down stairs several times just for one load a week which is probably not idea for the diapers anyway) and the fact that I can buy generic diapers for the same price it's costing me to wash the cloth diapers for the same amount of time, I've given up for now. So yeah, I should probably lose my natural mama card.

I think that's what tends to make it hard for me to make a lot of friends period. I'm in the middle. I'm not totally one way or the other and some parents I think have problems with that. Too bad that it tends to be an all or nothing thing with some mom groups but it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNick View Post

I know this is from last month, but just wondering if anything got set up?  I have been looking all over for a natural parenting playgroup.  It would be nice to meet some like minded moms IRL :)

#11 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

awww you don't lose you natural mama card just 'cause you can't use cloth diapers! there's so many more aspects to it than just that. i'd still like to get together with mamas but i've literally been traveling around and visiting family for like a month and a half. summer is a busy time! i should be back in town by the beginning of next week. and then i'm free as a bird until the end of july. hopefully!! does anyone know of anything fun happening at the cameron park farmer's market?

#12 of 20 Old 07-02-2011, 12:16 PM

Hello,

I wanted to let you all know that I am an assistant organizer for a moms group in the La Crosse area called 7 Rivers Mamas.  We are a diverse group of moms and we schedule play dates at least once a week and even have a book club, monthly moms nights out, and other activities.  Please, don't hesitate to check us out!  We may just be what you all are looking for.  Our website is http://www.meetup.com/7rivers/. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know and I would be more than happy to answer them for you!

Thanks,

Janelle

#13 of 20 Old 07-03-2011, 03:35 PM

I actually was part of your group and got kicked out because I don't own a car and a lot of your meet ups are outside of La Crosse or at the very least, outside areas where the buses serve. I wasn't able to get to any events within a month's time and got booted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom0710 View Post

Hello,

I wanted to let you all know that I am an assistant organizer for a moms group in the La Crosse area called 7 Rivers Mamas.  We are a diverse group of moms and we schedule play dates at least once a week and even have a book club, monthly moms nights out, and other activities.  Please, don't hesitate to check us out!  We may just be what you all are looking for.  Our website is http://www.meetup.com/7rivers/. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know and I would be more than happy to answer them for you!

Thanks,

Janelle

#14 of 20 Old 02-18-2012, 11:47 AM

Hey I'm a single dad looking for a playdate group(s) for my awesome 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I am actually in West Salem and I have them every other weekend and throughout the week. Anyone have any ideas for playdates?

Jeff

#15 of 20 Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 AM

Three Rivers Waldorf School has a Play Group. It's on Wednesday mornings, from 8:30 - 10:00 am. It's a natural play environment with outdoor playtime and a beautiful free-play space. Check out the website for more information (www.threeriverswaldorfschool.org) or call the school with questions (608) 782-8774.

#16 of 20 Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 AM

I have a year old son that I would love to put in a play group
#17 of 20 Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 AM

i am looking for play dates for my 1 year old son. Have you found any play date groups?

#18 of 20 Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Kate, 

You are more than welcome to join us. Our Play Group meets on Wednesdays, 8:30 - 10:00 am at Three Rivers Waldorf School. The cost is $10 per child ($5.00 for each subsequent child), but since it would be your first time, I'm sure we could wave the fee for you. You can get more information on our website (www.threeriverswaldorfschool.org) or contact me directly at enrollment@threeriverswaldorfschool.org or (608)782-8774. It would be great to see you there!

Sincerely,

Renee Cole

#19 of 20 Old 08-17-2013, 03:46 PM

I just came across this post, and it seems like a lot of parents are looking for a FUN, FREE, group.. and it seems that most of us on here have the best intentions when it comes to our lives and our kids (which for most of us I'm sure our kids are our lives smile.gif).  Anyways I have 3 children under 4 (including a newborn) and would really like to put together a group (with the help of everyone) that will give us a place or places to get together and just play and make friends, not just the kids but the parents as well.. 

I am willing to coordinate this as long as I can get feedback and tips from everyone that would like to be involved. I am not working at this time and can put as much time as possible (obviously without taking away from my little ones) into setting this up for us... I am as natural as I can be and will definitely keep that aspect when planning and coordinating, but by no means does anyone have to be completely natural, or judged for not being.

I am going to start a new thread titled:  Parents Naturally Playing -La Crosse County   Anyone, that has young kids, and ideas of ways to get together please write a post - or anyone with young kids in this area that would be interested and willing to come participate please let me know so we can get something (hopefully permanent) started.  And I'm talking hopefully in the next few weeks.

Now lets start getting some feedback!

thumbsup.gif

#20 of 20 Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 AM

I am a single father of a high-spirited 9 month old and would like to meet up and socialize with other parents and children of similar age and location.

Sincerely,

Curt Schneider

608-518-0798

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page