Working out our move to MN, on the St Croix, and need some mothering-mama imput! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It looks like we will be moving to MN in the spring and so we're looking at a few areas to settle down. While we are considering the Twin Cities we would really like to live more in the country. We're looking at real estate in Stillwater and Marine-on-St. Croix. Does anyone have any first hand experience living in these towns? Would you prefer on over the other? There's a Waldorf School in Stillwater, any experiences there? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

joy.gif

Mommy to one beautiful boy, born 9/28/08
#2 of 3 Old 11-05-2011, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

We just moved to Woodbury (suburbia) but if I had my choice I would be in Stillwater. (Hubby works in Bloomington and that would add another 20 minutes to his already sort of long commute.)  Woodbury is only 15 minutes from Stillwater in good traffic, so I find myself over that way quite often.  My acupuncturist (an angel!) is there, and I love the River Market Coop.  They have tons of parks, local restaurants and shops and plenty of crunchy-minded people. winky.gif

There is a waldorf school in Maplewood, and one in Minneapolis, but not one in Stillwater that I know of.  If I did, we'd be all over that!  Do you know the name of the one that you heard of in Stillwater?

I don't have any experience with Marine on St. Croix though.

Hope that helps!

Heidi

Heidi , wife to my DH , mama to Hope Isobel (4/3/06), Molly Grace (7/31/09): , furbaby Callie :
#3 of 3 Old 11-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I used to live in Somerset WI which is just across the river from Stillwater. I LOVE STILLWATER!! We live in Owatonna which is southern MN near Rochester and Mankato. Marine on St. Croix is nice too, defintely small town feel but downtown Stillwater is to die for! Marine is not far at all from Stillwater as I'm sure you know.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page