Open-minded OB/GYN in Madison (Dean Insur.) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, I so want to find a decent OB/GYN. I am trying to conceive #2 right now. I would really like to have a home birth this time around. But I will need an OB/GYN anyhow for these two reasons:

1. I need a gyn appointment in general; it's been too long since my last pap, etc.

2. I need an ob/gyn to take a look at my tear from birth #1. I tore really badly, and I think it was sutured too tight and may have healed badly (I can only have sex in certain positions now, others are still painful 2 years after the delivery). I need an honest assessment of whether that is going to be a problem with this next birth. If there are major concerns, I may want to reconsider the home birth -- but I don't want to make that choice based on a knee-jerk reaction from a conservative OB.

I have Dean health insurance, as of now. Although I have had a lot of recommendations for Meriter for OB/GYN. Actually my husband and I have considered making that switch anyway because the insurance is more affordable. So maybe now's the time? Anyho, for the present we are insured by Dean. 

Any recommendations??

#2 of 3 Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Hi- My good friend really likes Christine Bathke- I only saw her once for an annual when I had Dean Insurance, but I liked her. My friend did have 2 hospital births though, I'm not sure she was interested in home birth...I would try her out.  She is at Dean West.

GL!

Heidi , wife to my DH , mama to Hope Isobel (4/3/06), Molly Grace (7/31/09): , furbaby Callie :
#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

THanks! Sorry for the delayed reply, but just made an appointment with Dr. Bathke. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page