Moving back to western WI mid-preg and raw milk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for advice about midwives in western wisconsin or twin cities... birth centers or homebirth midwives. Possibly even a hospital midwife if they allow waterbirths :)
Biggest priorities for my decision making: 1: waterbirth, 2: midwife who is pretty hands off, not as doula-y (i like to birth in quiet by myself mostly, in the past i haven't liked attention/backrubs/washcloths/questions) 3: whether it's expensive or insurance available
We're moving back up north soon and i'll be about 22-26 weeks pregnant by then.

Also looking for info about finding raw milk nearest to St. Croix Falls on the MN side, or a farmer who's doing it despite risks on the  Wisconsin side.

Thanks in advance if you've got some good leads on either of these two :)

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 AM

Teri Gjerseth from Footprints in Time Midwifery located in Black River Falls is a wonderful CNM who does home births, and Denise Doerr with Open Door Midwifery in Wetby is another wonderful CNM who does home births. I am not sure exactly where you will be located, but I thought these names might give you a place to start. I do the insurance billing for both of these midwives, and would be glad to help with any insurance questions you have! Good Luck!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info!! Those both are quite a ways south of me. I'll be near St. croix falls WI / Taylors falls MN. Those two are about 3 hours south and I'm expecting a fast labor... I will look for others close to me and if that doesn't turn up much, I'll call those two up :)
Anyone else know of any closer? Any twin cities midwives that serve all the way out to Polk County WI??

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I believe there is/was a CNM practice in St Croix Falls - unsure about waterbirth. There is a CNM in Amery, WI - right smack dab in the middle of Polk Co.

Hudson Hospital has waterbirth and CNMs.

Check the WI Guild of midwives for CPMs that serve that area, too.

I don't know much about sourcing raw milk - but ask as some of the health foods stores.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the info krst :)
i have checked the WI guild already, i guess i'm kind of in a dead zone. nearest one listed on their page is 45 minutes away :) not bad, and I'll go visit them, but i was hoping for a few choices. i will also interview and check with the CNM in amery :) 
thanks!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Just in case anyone digs up this thread in the future: I ended up driving a long way to Minnesota for my midwife and it was totally worth it --  Deb Sahlstrom in Milaca -- and I recommend her SO highly. She is so good and I think she's got a great balanced view of birth!

User Tag List