PLEASE HELP!! Linda Berg? Erin Kasper-Frett? Hospital??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We recently moved to the Saint Croix Falls, WI area from Minneapolis, and I was going to start prenatal care this week at LifeCircle Birth Center in Shell Lake.  They have just this week decided to not take any new clients, and because I was a new client (I'm 19 weeks along, but was just beginning care with them) they canceled me.  (No money had yet exchanged hands, and the owner is going through a lot of personal stuff, so it really was just my being caught in the middle of bad timing; I am not trying to say anything negative about them.)  

I was recommended to see Erin Kasper-Frett/EarthMother Midwife, out of Ellsworth, WI.  But, that is a long way for me to drive - 1 1/2 hours one way, and I have 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old children, so this is not ideal for me.  The assistant/student midwife from Full Circle who I was going to see most of the time, Nicole, said that she will be working with Erin Kasper-Frett, and she recommends her.  

I just found online that there are other midwives in Shell Lake, Lindy Berg and Laura Casey/The Midwives of Shell Lake.  That's about it for my options, as far as I can find.  I need to go to someone now - as I mentioned, I'm 19 weeks, and just want to have this part figured out...again.  Can anyone tell me about either Lindy Berg/Laura Casey or Erin Kasper-Frett?  I've searched them both on MDC and only saw a little info on Erin (some info from a friend of hers) and no info on the others.

Or, are there any midwives with practices North of the Cities?  (It's about a 45 minute drive to Forest Lake for us.)

I am about ready to just go through one of the local hospitals!  I know of women who have had no trouble having natural births there.  Our firstborn was in a hospital, St Joes in St Paul, and it was a positive experience...except for the pushy staff in the days following the birth!  irked.gif  We had our second at home, and would like to do that again, but at this point I just need to see someone; I'm about ready to go to anyone!!  

Although, my husband and I are DIY-type people, maybe we'll just do it ourselves.  winky.gif  (OK, not really; awesome for those of you who do it!  I stand in awe!  But not for us.)  

Advice?  Thoughts?  

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

I am also interested in hearing what you might do or consider if it were you.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM

I am not completely familiar with the geography or mileage but there are several midwives in MN who may be closer, or know other midwives in your area. Try calling Debbie Sahlstrom, Milaca, 320 362 0476, or Maureen Dahl, Princeton, 612 245 1887, or even Jana Studelska, Duluth, 218 340 2108 (area rep for Midwives Association of North America - so a good information resource)

Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Lulami, thank you for responding with those suggestions.  I ended up contacting both Lindy and Erin, and have decided to go with Erin.  I love her!  So, if anyone else is looking into her, so far I highly recommend her!  She does visits at other locations during the week, so I don't have to drive all the way to Ellsworth to receive care.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:12 PM

oh good! I'm glad. Erin is an awesome midwife!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM

Laura Berg is now in Grand Marais, Minnesota and I (Lindy Casey) seldom accept new clients.  I recommend Erin Kasper-Frett in Elsworth, WI (612-801-9967) and Jessica Weaver (newly licensed) in the Rice Lake/Eau Claire area 715-38-9540.

User Tag List