Looking for Mindful, Functional Medicine/Wellness/Holistic based Pediatrician…and Family doctor in Minneapolis/St. Paul area! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! Glad to have found a forum for "natural" mothering specific to my area.  Looking for pediatricians who would support our conservative views on vaccines (i.e.. basically none) and address root causes, not just symptoms.  Just moved back to the Twin Cities & am looking for a pediatrician.  We want to support our "spirited" son's nutrition in order to keep his focus and attention on track and would like to work with a pediatrician who can help assess his biological & nutritional needs aside from the usual annual check-ups.

Also, looking for family care as well, so recommendations for that would be appreciated!

Thanks & best wishes in your families as well!

#2 of 5 Old 08-02-2012, 06:55 PM

You will have better luck finding a non-vax friendly doctor if you completely skip the pediatrician and find a family practice doc straight away.  They tend to be a little more relaxed about things, and that person could possibly continue to be your child's doc past the teenage years.  Plus you might even feel inclined to have that doc as your own as well if you don't have one already.

While I don't live in the Cities, I have heard good things about Deborah Swendroski, her clinic is in St. Paul on Grand Ave.

Also, Rachel Rapacz comes highly recommended and she is in the HCMC system, her clinic is in Brooklyn Park.  Shoot, if her practice were down this way I'd want her for my own doctor.  Nerd smile

#3 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 PM

Thanks for asking this question!  I just moved to St. Paul and am looking for the same thing for my two-year-old daughter.  We had the most amazing pediatrician ever in our old city - that was the hardest thing about moving!  Good luck finding someone, and feel free to contact me, as another mama who's new in town.

-Mae, mama to Maisy

#4 of 5 Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 AM

Hi,

I just came across this conversation and I am a little untimely as far as response time, but I just moved to the Twin Cities a few months ago and found the best wholistic doctor.  She is actually a pediatric nurse practitioner but she runs her own clinic and it is the most comprehensive care my son has ever received.   Her diagnostic tests get to the root cause of the problem.  You can check out the website at newbridgeclinic.com.  I am very knowledgeable when it comes to health, myself,  and this practitioner blew me away with her knowledge.  The other great thing about it is that since she is a "medical" practitioner, insurance pays for most of the appts. and diagnostic tests.  

Hope this helps!

Andrea 

#5 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM

My son and I go to Dr. Sarah Hammes who is a Family Practice doc out of the Rice Street Clinic in St. Paul. I can't say enough good things about her. We're in the same non/selective vax camp and other than offering them at each of my son's visits for the first few months, I haven't heard a thing about it from her. I've never felt pressure about it. She did her due diligence to present us with all the facts and then respected our decisions. She also advocates for having doulas at births and for extended breastfeeding.

I've heard equally wonderful things about Rachel Rapacz, but have no personal experience with her care.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page