Looking for doctors/clinics/birthing centers in the Sauk County, WI area. (Dean insurance) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

We just moved to the area and need to find providers.  I'd love to find a family practitioner but a combination of OB/GYN and peds doc may be fine as well.  The peds doc would need to be respectful of family health choices.  We'd love to have another baby, so I"m also looking for a good place to birth.  Either a birthing center or natural birth friendly hospital.  I'm a VBAC, so VBAC supportive as well.  I'm looking for providers in Baraboo, Reedsburg, Sauk City, the Dells, etc.  Possibly the northwest side of Madison/Middleton might work as well. We will have Dean for insurance.  

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering shepherd5!

Anyone have a recommendation to share?

Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've got a bit of info to share for anyone who may be looking in this area as well.  Reedsburg Memorial Hospital has birthing tubs. You may labor AND birth in the tubs. Baraboo has laboring tubs but you may not birth in them. I believe the same is true of Sauk City.  I talked with a staff member at the Reedsburg hospital and all the delivering docs there do VBACs. Its sounds to me to be VBAC friendly. I will post again when I find specific recommendations for good docs in Reedsburg. There are also a few VBAC supportive docs in Baraboo, from what I hear.  

User Tag List