Rice Lake area Pediatricians - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2012, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!  I live in Rice Lake, WI (thats about an hour north of Eau Claire) and we are looking for a Pediatrician for our daughter.  We had a homebirth and so far the one time we went in was for a Ped to look over Aurora and sign some papers for the birth certificate. It might be crazy since she is 2 months old but I just haven't felt like she needed all those checkups since we were getting weekly from our Midwife for the first month.  The lady we saw was not what we wanted at all.  She tried telling us that we needed to supplement formula because Aurora was not putting on weight fast enough.  My BF and I decided that we were not going to listen to her because of the two different scales she was weighed on.  Our midwife had one of those sling scales so we waited to have her weighed on that again and she was definitely growing!! Oh and when she heard that we had a homebirth she looked so disgusted!  The only thing she said about vaccinations though was "So I'm assuming you won't be vaccinating then" right after we mentioned homebirth.  She did not win us over! I have thought about getting feedback from my friends but none have breastfed for more than two weeks and they have different opinions on vaccines.

I have always liked the idea of finding a holistic family doctor but living in Wisconsin kind of makes me have doubts of finding one :P  We aren't vaccinating, we are happily breastfeeding and we co-sleep (I don't know how most doctors react to that but I can see it being a problem for some) We are willing to drive an hour away, I don't know how are little girl could handle anything much longer than that.  She loooves mommy much much more than that car seat.  And I can't blame her ;)

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your new daughter. I'm bumping up your post. Anyone have a recommendation for a pediatrician?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Old 10-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Have you considered some family practice docs in your area? I've found family practice physicians to be much more supportive of breastfeeding and less apt to be jumping worst-case scenarios. I don't know any specifically in your area. But if you are just looking for well-child care - make some appointments with some family practice docs.

User Tag List