Looking For Madison Area Family Health Care Professionals - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-30-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have BadgerCare/GHC and are looking for a family doc/ped. for our 3 littles, 2-6 yo.  We do delayed/alt. vac., co-sleep, extended bfing, etc.  I like GHC for the complementary services offered, the only services we have actually used since joining last fall,  but can switch to Dean, Unity, Phys. Plus (I think thats it).  

Also looking for a murcury free dentist.  However all the holistic dentists, there are 3 to my knowledge, in the state do not take BadgerCare/ForwardHealth dental coverage.  We would love to pay out of pocket for these service but at this time cannot.  So any good dentist recs?  2 of my littles have cavities that we have halted/healed with diet so we are looking for a dentist who is willing to work with that to some degree.  

We are willing to travel for great care, especially if it is covered by our insurance.  However northeast Madison is the best part of town for us.

TIA 

#2 of 3 Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM

I recommend Dr. Mallory at Wildwood Clinic. It's on the east side of Madison though she also practices out of their Cottage Grove office. She's natural parenting friendly.

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#3 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM

My family has GHC insurance and we see and love Dr. Jeanette Everson at the East Clinic.  She is a family practitioner and sees me, my husband and my three month old baby.  I interviewed her when I was pregnant and looking for a pediatrician because I had had a bad experience with an Obgyn.  She is super friendly and a great listener.  She was comfortable with delayed vaccines (though I got the impression she would have been hesitant if we chose to skip some of the big ones, especially pertussis, but we did get that one so there was no formal conversation about skipping it.  We did choose to skip the Hep B and she was fine with that).  She is very supportive of breast feeding.  She is very supportive of complementary medicine.  We get a lot of acupuncture and take Chinese herbs so that was important to us.  She actually said she thought complementary medicine is great and that no one medicine was the answer for everyone.  

I hope that is helpful.  We have only been seeing her these past three months but we are happy.  A couple of times Dr. Everson was not available and we saw other providers at East clinic and they were all great, especially a PA names Elisha (I think).   

Good luck!

Oh, and regarding a mercury-free dentist, not an easy thing to find.  We have ended up paying out of pocket to see Madison No Fear Dentistry on the west side.  They are great.  How diet affects teeth health did not come up yet, though, so I don't know how knowledgeable and supportive they are in that regard.

42 yo, dd born 8/5/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page