Mothering Forum banner

Designing New Childcare Service

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  anachka 
#1 ·
Hey Fellow Moms,
I have left my work as a personal care attendant for Handicapped children to embark on a new adventure.
DH and I had so much trouble finding nearby "crunchy" childcare facilities that had the same values I had. My passion for building an holistic and sustainable life for my, and other children, and my degree in Environmental Education lead me to decided we'd open our own Holistic, Eco-Daycare to provide those services to other families.
We'll be officially announcing the website soon, and
We're in the process of finishing renovations and setting up the 1300 Sq ft. space we've designed for the facility. We're starting with just me teaching and with only 4 kiddos, but who knows where the future could take us.
I'm looking for advice from my fellow moms, take a look at the website to get a feel for what I've set up and let me know what you like, and what you'd like to see different if you were looking at sending your child to a daycare like this. I really want this to be catered to what "crunchy" moms want. :)
We're priced pretty up-market, especially for what is still considered an "At home" daycare (even though it has its own dedicated and independent space) but doing things the "right" way is so much more expensive than the way most other places do it. Between the local, organic food (that will be eating up almost a quarter of our fees) and the American or German made wood toys, to the organic bamboo\hemp cloth diaper services we just have to be priced higher than many others..
Obviously this will be out of reach for many, but do you see a market for it at all?
Let me know what you think!

www.tinyfootprintsdaycare.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Parents who GET it know that you pay more for the best care and shouldn't really question that! What you're charging isn't astronomical. IT looks great, good on you! I'm looking forward to opening up a nature based home care situation when the littles aren't so little myself. People will pay for, and wholly appreciate, your services. Trust me! Good luck:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.