Mothering Forum banner

Wisconsinite Roll Call!!

28K views 276 replies 194 participants last post by  anachka 
#1 ·
Where are all the Wisconsin Mom's and Dad's out there?

Saint Cloud, WI

#202 ·
Hi! I'm in southwest Madison, no children yet, but pregnant.

Anyone have any great recommendations on what/who to consider when looking for childcare? I can't believe how early you have to get on a waiting list if you want childcare here!

I'm also curious to know about other "mom and dad" sorts of groups and stuff out there for people with babies.

Does anyone know if the YMCA will do infant childcare while you work out?
Where else besides Happy Bambino can I find liberal parents (I'm not always committed to all natural or all organic or anything, but want to incorporate those things, non-violence, enriching education, creative outlets, etc. into my parenting when possible)?

Thanks!

Kristin

#206 ·
Thiensville (just north of Milwaukee) as of 11/1. Would love to know about holistic stuff happening and meet some friends. A little nervous about arriving at the start of the winter.
Is there a Holistic Moms Network chapter?

Anyone know of a place to take mommy and me yoga (and yoga in general)?

#217 ·
City of Milwaukee here!

#220 ·
We just moved from Portland OR to Madison in January and we're looking for people to connect with. I'm a homebirth midwife taking time off to take care of my daughter who is 1. Please PM me if you are interested in getting together...I'm getting a bit of cabin fever (I'm not above bribing people with food).

#222 ·
I live/work in Green Bay; DH works in Milwaukee. We commute between two houses, which are both up for sale and not moving quickly enough. Hoping to relocate north of Milwaukee, maybe as far as Sheboygan. We're both teachers, so schools are really important to us (to work in and for our DS and future LOs). Any advice on good districts or ones to avoid between Milwaukee and Sheboygan? THANKS!

#224 ·
De pere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.