Mothering Forum banner

Wisconsinite Roll Call!!

28K views 276 replies 194 participants last post by  anachka 
#1 ·
Where are all the Wisconsin Mom's and Dad's out there?

Saint Cloud, WI

#239 ·
Salem, WI here!

Also, I work full time and none of the local LLL have been able to accomodate a meeting after work or on the weekends. Plus the playgroup I joined only does things during working hours as well. I'm struggling to find local mamas who are APer's like I am or that are more welcoming to my parenting ways (cloth diapering, babywearing, bedsharing, breastfeeding, gentle parenting, etc.). If anyone local knows a good group of mamas let me know or if you just want to chat
It's lonely around here with no buddies!

#240 ·
I haven't read through the entire thread (first/last page) but wanted to chime in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karimac View Post
I live about 20 minutes south of Madison, in Edgerton.
I'm in Edgerton too!

But I'm from Madison, I work in Madison, the kids are in Madison schools and we hope to move back to Madison as soon as the housing market turns.

#244 ·
Hello Tennessee/Kentucky ... sending you a pep talk to lift you up this Christmas season ... (here they're supposed to say Happy Holidays...how is it in the South, the Bible Belt? PS I say Merry CHRISTmas back to them.) Golly here i am a grandmother having had my last 'chick' fly the coop and get married 2 years ago, and I MISS the South, wishing it were possible to retire and move there after having made a 'run' (car trip) through the Smokies to watch daughter's now-husband graduate from Army basic training in SC. At least in SC, there was so much politeness, modesty, yes ma'am ... I hope you love living where you do even tho missing home in WI. You probably know by now about the frigid temps already (Dec 2010) and foot and 1/2 of snow last weekend...YIKES! am hibernatin' ... bet you're not. :eek:) Merry CHRISTmas!

#250 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Hello ladies! I might have posted here previously, but I cannot remember for sure. We live in NM, but just closed Friday on a farmhouse and farm in Wautoma, Wi. Anyone else near there?
Welcome to WI. I am on the other side of Amish country, which will be just to the south of you. I see you are planning UC for your next one, but if you need any prenatal or postnatal care I highly reccomend Chris Roberts. She delivered my #3 at home, and she is great. Here is her site... www.care4uclinic.org

Good luck with your upcoming move.

#251 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post

Welcome to WI. I am on the other side of Amish country, which will be just to the south of you. I see you are planning UC for your next one, but if you need any prenatal or postnatal care I highly reccomend Chris Roberts. She delivered my #3 at home, and she is great. Here is her site... www.care4uclinic.org

Good luck with your upcoming move.
Thank you! We have decided to move next week, packing up now. Thank you for the midwife's name. I had seen her site previously. It is hard to change and it is nice to have a name if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.