Mothering Forum banner

Wisconsinite Roll Call!!

28K views 276 replies 194 participants last post by  anachka 
#1 ·
Where are all the Wisconsin Mom's and Dad's out there?

Saint Cloud, WI

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by faithhopelove
Fredonia as of yesterday.

DH isn't thrilled about how "slow pace" it is, hope he gets used to it sometime! lol

Crystal
What kind of action is he lookin' for? Oh, don't forget to change your profile location now!!

Sheboygan County, near Sheboygan.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama
What kind of action is he lookin' for? Oh, don't forget to change your profile location now!!

Sheboygan County, near Sheboygan.

Let's just say yesterday wasn't a good day LOL

He went to change our plates... learned that the place is open only on Tues and Thurs between certain hours. Perfect, since yesterday was Tuesday! Well he gets in there to find a sharpie written note saying "NO plates today".

Then we learn the post office is closed for lunch from 12:30-2pm. That was a new one to us lol.

Let's see... oh yeah... Walmart closes at 10pm. We are used to at least something being open 24hrs.

And he got pulled over for a light being out on the van and she acted like he committed a felony or something.

He came home and said "I am moving to the city ASAP". Sorry buddy, we bought this house. We aren't going anywhere for a while lol

Oh and it seems like all our neighbors are like old people who work in their yards and clean out their already clean garages all day. It's rather humerous actually. lol

Poor dh

#24 ·
Oh that PO thing really irks the crap out of me. I don't think it's like that in Port and I know it's not like that in Grafton. Did you go to the DMV in West Bend? The one in Sheboygan is open all week. Maybe that might be easier?

And, about this Wal-Mart thing, I don't think I can be friends with you if you shop there.
I think Walgreens at the lights there is open 24 hours, but I am not positive.

Oh, yeah, getting pulled over by any lady cop here just never fairs well for anyone. Ever.
: I wonder if the out of state plates made her extra nasty? Not that that's fair though.

I totally forgot to mention that one day when I checked your lawn and plants, this guy down the road with a big boat just stood in the road and watched me.
It was pretty funny actually. He was probably just wondering who the new neighbors were.

I am sorry that things are not going well for you guys! It'll get better, I am sure of it! I think.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama
Oh that PO thing really irks the crap out of me. I don't think it's like that in Port and I know it's not like that in Grafton. Did you go to the DMV in West Bend? The one in Sheboygan is open all week. Maybe that might be easier?

And, about this Wal-Mart thing, I don't think I can be friends with you if you shop there.
I think Walgreens at the lights there is open 24 hours, but I am not positive.

Oh, yeah, getting pulled over by any lady cop here just never fairs well for anyone. Ever.
: I wonder if the out of state plates made her extra nasty? Not that that's fair though.

I totally forgot to mention that one day when I checked your lawn and plants, this guy down the road with a big boat just stood in the road and watched me.
It was pretty funny actually. He was probably just wondering who the new neighbors were.

I am sorry that things are not going well for you guys! It'll get better, I am sure of it! I think.

Actually I think dh was told that this was the place for Ozaukee County and he had to go there. LOL

The walmart thing.... lol... I have images off because I am on dial up and I didn't see the wink until I was in here replying. I'm like, dang :p hehe. Actually I haven't been to walmart in over a year, but dh goes. But, now that we haven't a Super Walmart it's making grocery shopping more difficult anyway. I don't even think he's figured out a good place to go yet. He was in grafton today at walmart and target and home depot. Has to go back out in the morning for groceries.

Yeah dh is scared of lady cops now lol. Someone else said the plates may have added to it. But hey... if they didnt have silly hours then we would have had them yesterday :p Tonight he bought his light and had it sitting on the seat in case he got stopped again haha.

Is the walgreens near the walmart?

That doesn't surprise me about the man down the street. People around here seem to be very "curious" lol. We have had several people just stop in front of our house and stare lol.

Did I tell you about the guy next door who brought us strawberries? From our own garden? LOL Too funny. He said that he would liketo talk to us sometime about what's in our garden. that he noticed some trees growing in it and took a sample to the place that IDs plants. Found out one is a hazel nut tree. He is a nice guy, but it's just so odd. LOL It's like we are in a retirement community here lol

#26 ·
Quote:

Actually I think dh was told that this was the place for Ozaukee County and he had to go there. LOL
Sheesh! Who are you guys talking too?
You can go to Green Bay if you want to. It doesn't matter where you go, just as long as it's in WI. I went to the DMV on Teutonia in Milwaukee to get a, ahem, fake DL when I was 19.

Quote:

The walmart thing.... lol... I have images off because I am on dial up and I didn't see the wink until I was in here replying. I'm like, dang :p hehe. Actually I haven't been to walmart in over a year, but dh goes. But, now that we haven't a Super Walmart it's making grocery shopping more difficult anyway. I don't even think he's figured out a good place to go yet. He was in grafton today at walmart and target and home depot. Has to go back out in the morning for groceries.
Seriously, I despise Wal-Mart, but I won't disown anyone for going there. I may point people in alternative directions that are better for employees and local businesses, but I won't be annoying, I promise!
BTW, you may want to check out the Pick N' Save across the street from Wal-Mart in Saukville. They have a fairly decent selection of natural and organic foods and they have a meat counter. Piggly Wiggly does not sell fresh meat.
:

Quote:
Yeah dh is scared of lady cops now lol.
So is everyone else here!

Quote:
Is the walgreens near the walmart?
On the corner by the stoplights just east of Wal-Mart.

Quote:
That doesn't surprise me about the man down the street. People around here seem to be very "curious" lol. We have had several people just stop in front of our house and stare lol.
Were they drooling? What if you just walked up to them and said, "Boo!"

Quote:
Did I tell you about the guy next door who brought us strawberries? From our own garden? LOL Too funny. He said that he would liketo talk to us sometime about what's in our garden. that he noticed some trees growing in it and took a sample to the place that IDs plants. Found out one is a hazel nut tree. He is a nice guy, but it's just so odd. LOL It's like we are in a retirement community here lol
Uh, sounds like it's time to put up that fence! How bizzare! At least he acknowledges that it's YOUR garden. Maybe he wants squatters rights to the strawberries.

Ooops! Looks like we hijacked another one.
: Sorry guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.