Any hospitals/doctors in Wisconsin Deliver breech babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a breech baby, I am 33.5 weeks. I dont know of anyone besides homebirth midwives in Wisconsin that will deliver breech. Does anyone know of any. Homebirth is not an option, because DH is not in agreemant to it.

We live about 2.5 hours north of madison, Wisconsin.

Anybody who delivers breech in a hosptial setting in Wisconsin, I would be interested in knowing about. My options are starting to look like C-section if the baby does not turn.
#2 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 PM

Are you near Menomonie? They have a birth center that might be worth looking into.
#3 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

I think we are 80 miles or so from that. Do they deliver breech? I think DH wanted me to stick with a hospital.
#4 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Have you checked the Spinning Babies website?

http://www.spinningbabies.com/

I think it is down right now but keep checking it. Also, there are certain adjustments chiropractors can do to help turn babies.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#5 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Here's the website for the birth center in Menomonie. I'm 99% sure that Paula doesn't consider breech to be an issue and will work to turn the baby, but also is fine with delivering breech. You can search the word "breech" on their site and a few birth stories come up. Good luck!

http://www.morningstarbirth.com/index.cfm

read.gif mama to 2 dust.gifhomeschool.giftreehugger.gifsaynovax.gifRainbow.gif
#6 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes I am going to the chiropractor, I am doing frozen vegtables almost everyday. Also I have been doing the flashlight on my belly. Upside down inversions off the couch. (thanks to Spinning babies), my husband held me completley upside down last night. SOmetimes I think it tries to turn, but I can usually feel the head right here under my ribs!
#7 of 15 Old 09-14-2008, 08:13 PM

No one can force you into a section without your consent. I have heard of women in Madison absolutely refusing to consent to the section, and getting their vaginal breech birth. Be prepared to be strong if you go this route, the hospital will put a lot of pressure on you. Check out ican.org too, their website has lots of advice. I'd definitely check out spinningbabies.com, it's better to just get teh baby to turn if possible and avoid the drama in the first place.

You have LOTS of time left though. Some babies don't turn until the last minute.
#8 of 15 Old 09-15-2008, 03:58 PM

DS2 was breech until about that same time 33-34 weeks. He ended up spontanously turning. Anyway, my addition to this conversation is that I would consider consulting with a homebirth midwife for more ideas and opinions on providers even if you were not planning on a homebirth.
#9 of 15 Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 PM

"Supposedly" Dr. Peck at Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse, WI (2.5 hours NW of Madison) has done breech vaginal births. He is the Perinatologist for the area. But that clinic does send women to the Chiro for breech before attempting versions. Which you indicated you are already trying.

You still have time for that baby to flip on it's own.
#10 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 PM

Madison Birth Center told me that Dr. Bates form Elkhorn or thereabouts (not the one in Fort Atkinson), who does chart reviews for them, who has experience with and attends breach births. They had a client who transferred care to him at one point for that reason. Good luck! You've got time though, hopefully s/he'll turn.
#11 of 15 Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 AM

My memory is VERY foggy on this but when I was pregnant with ds my OB was Dr. Sheldon Wasserman and I was told that a doctor he is in practice with still delivers breech babies vaginally. I did a search for physicians trying to find him because I don't really remember his name and I think this might be him:

http://www.columbia-stmarys.org/Phys...21&pict_id=498

We are in Milwaukee though so I don't know how far you are willing to travel.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#12 of 15 Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM

I don't know if it's something all Bradley instructors know/do, but ours had us do special exercises to get the baby in position. One I remember is getting down on your hands and knees and curling your pelvis under (a slow rocking motion - pulling your belly button up towards your spine (even though that's impossible at that point! lol!) while pulling your rear under - if this makes sense!) We were to do this slowly at least 100 x's a day.
#13 of 15 Old 10-23-2008, 08:57 PM

I know someone in Western WI if you are willing to drive that far it might be a possibility. PM if you want a name.
#14 of 15 Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM

You should check with the Red Cedar Medical Center in Menomonie. I think there are a couple doctors that will do breech. I'd try Dr. Walker and Dr. Feigal there.
#15 of 15 Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
My memory is VERY foggy on this but when I was pregnant with ds my OB was Dr. Sheldon Wasserman and I was told that a doctor he is in practice with still delivers breech babies vaginally. I did a search for physicians trying to find him because I don't really remember his name and I think this might be him:

http://www.columbia-stmarys.org/Phys...21&pict_id=498

We are in Milwaukee though so I don't know how far you are willing to travel.
I adore Dr. Wasserman. He was one of the few drs I could find willing to do a VBAC. I'm not sure how much work he's doing right now since he's running for US Senate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page