See "Birth" in Duluth this weekend! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-25-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Duluth production of Karen Brody's play Birth, directed by Emily Parr, is this weekend at the new Harbor City International School theater. Hailed as "the Vagina Monologues of birth," the documentary-style play illuminates the rocky state of maternity care through the stories of eight real women.

Brody wrote the play and launched the BOLD (Birth on Labor Day) movement to raise awareness and improve childbirth choices. Birth is performed in more than 100 cities during the month of September.

Duluth's BOLD campaign also includes a Red Tent Event (a public gathering of women sharing their birth stories) and tonight's invitation-only performance of the play for the medical community. A talkback session follows each performance.

Proceeds from the Duluth production will benefit local non-profit organization Birthing Ways - Doula Connection. Performances are this Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 7 p.m., and Sunday at 1 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance at http://boldduluth2008.eventbrite.com and more information can be found at www.birthingways.org.

:
#2 of 3 Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 PM

I hope to come- I can't get tickets on eventbrite tho- it says it ended!

*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.Jasmine Rae Ojala*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
  *¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
#3 of 3 Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

jasmine, were you there?! i didn't get online all weekend so i didn't see your post until today. if you were up, i'm sorry i missed you. i need to come down and meet the ican-tc mamas sometime soon. i was lucky enough to meet chandra a year and a half ago and she was such a help to me in getting our chapter off the ground.

the play was great.

shana, if you're reading, i'm so happy it worked out for you to do the photography. i saw your ad in the playbill and will be in touch next time i need to get the boys' photos done. or maybe i'll meet you at pregnancy info nite next thursday? i'll be the one at the ican booth with the squirming toddler.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page