VW Moms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I am new to the boards and I am expecting my first on 5-5-09. The one thing I cannot stop thinking about is, what kind of car seat am I going to get in my VW Jetta? Any recommendations, besides getting a new car because that is just not an option for us at the moment. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM

We have 2 small cars (one is a Honda Civic, the other a Mini Cooper Clubman) and our carseat fits comfortably in both. We got the Chicco Key-Fit partly because it seemed to be one of the smaller ones out there (and it's the top rated one on Consumer Reports, for what that's worth).
#3 of 4 Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 AM

We have a VW Golf...
We had DS rear facing till about 2 weeks ago in a Fisher Price Safe Voyage. It fit but we had to move the seat forward a little bit. DS always drove and I put the seat behind the passenger seat.
Now that I flipped him forward facing (we have a LONG road trip in a few days) I can move the seat back a bit more.

And yes I have unresolved guilt in flipping him around. I wish he was a little smaller so I could have kept him rear facing till 2.

Mom to '97, '07, '09 and birth mom '00 and wife to my BFF
#4 of 4 Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM

We have a Jetta and a Civic. DD started in a Graco Snugride and moved to a Britax Boulevard. Both seats were in the middle of the backseat and fit fine. The Britax was a bit tight rear-facing, but it worked in the middle. Forward facing is just fine. It would have been harder on the side since we would have had to move one seat up to make room in back, and there is not an overabundance of legroom in that car. Babies R Us will let you take the car seats out to your car to make sure they fit before you buy it. You may need to leave a driver's license, I don't remember.

Good luck and congrats!

I love our Jetta diesel wagon. Great mileage, can haul 4x8 plywood on top, DH gets to pull up by the big-rigs to put fuel in.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page