Mothering Forum banner

Minneapolis Area Childcare Recommendations?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  guestmama9904 
#1 ·
Hello! I am thinking about going back to work full-time and am looking for childcare possibilities in South Minneapolis area. I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter and a 2 1/2 year old son. I need someone who is willing to CD, makes healthy food etc.... Any suggestions? What do you all do for childcare? The idea of leaving my kids with anyone other than family or close friends makes me nervous.

#3 ·
My son went to Chrissy Mahaffy's in home daycare called Greenspoon Childcare. She has been doing the daycare thing for over 20 years and is an amzing, beautiful person who loves kids and treats them like real people with real feelings. she uses only cloth diapers (you only need to provide one cover for her to send them home in), makes all her food from scratch and mostly organic and uses only gentle diciplne if any is needed. she is also an accomplished artist and involves the kids in arts and crafts projects daily, such as each year the kids sew their own doll. and the kids go on walks and play at a park every single day, yearr round unless it's dangerously cold. her # is 612-374-4368 and she lives in uptown, mpls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.