Wausau Midwife HB? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looking for a midwife in the Wausau area if anyone has some recommendations that would be great. also i was curious if homebirthing was possible in an apartment? that's the way i would like to go if i could if not i need to find a birthing center too, i don't wanna go to the hospital!
#2 of 6 Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM

The only midwife in the area that I know of is Susan Carlson, but I haven't used her. I think a few others in the area have and hopefully they will speak up! If you do a search on MDC I think there has been a discussion before.
#3 of 6 Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 AM

#4 of 6 Old 10-29-2008, 11:45 AM

I'm in the Marshfield area but I used Susan Carlson who is in the Athens area I think that's closer for you. She was great we just had a baby in September and she was wonderful very professional but warm and very knowledgeable. She isnt' licensed yet which before meeting her I was worried about but she is great and definatley knows what she's doing. She is also training a new midwife for the wausau area who is a doula now her name is shonda king and she was also at/helped with our daughters birth. If you have anymore questions feel free to message me I would love to help.
#5 of 6 Old 11-01-2008, 01:53 PM

I am in Antigo. I would recommend Jane Crawford Peterson. My chiropractor is currently a client of hers and loves her. I have heard good things about her. My midwife I had for my twin birth has relocated to Appleton, but Susan Carlson was my backup. I only met her once, but she seemed to be very nice. There is another mw in the area but I don't know too much about her. If you go to http://www.wisconsinguildofmidwives....ndamidwife.htm , scroll down to Central Wisconsin and you can get email, phone number, and website info. Is this your first baby?
Also to your question about being able to have a homebirth in an apartment, I lived in a side by side duplex when I had my homebirth. My birth was in the paper and my landlord never said anything to me about it. Everybody that heard about it just assumed I didn't make it to the hospital and that is why I birthed at home. Do you live in an apartment building or a house?
#6 of 6 Old 11-03-2008, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

thx for the responses.
i emailed Jane Crawford Peterson and haven't heard back yet, i may be calling her in the next few days. this is my first baby, first pregnancy too so every thing is new hehe. also i live in an apartment building, second floor. i've thought about asking my aunt if i can give birth at her home in her master bathroom tub since it's deep enough but she's a freak about cleaning, they just built the house, and i don't know if she'd be kewl about it all, i'm guessing no but if i have to ask i'm going to lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page