Anybody close w/Homebirth Midwives? I have a question.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question. And at this point I'm not ready to start calling all the local HBM to find out. I'd prefer your thoughts first.

My 1st was a c-sec.

2nd & 3rd were HB's. (The problem was, I hemmorraged, and went into shock afterwards, they were great births just the postpartum was scary.)

The two different midwives I had used were lay midwives and didn't carry drugs to stop the bleeding.

The next births I had in the hospital for my own safety. I did hemmorrage after these ones to, but they had the drugs to stop it FAST. And instead of passing out after my births I was able to walk around and feel great.

I'm just wondering if any local TC HBM, would take on someone like me,with my history of heavy bleeding after the birth?

I understand their are midwives now who carry pitocin.

With out having to call around. I'm just wondering what others here think. Maybe you are close to the homebirth movement and have an idea if I could still be a canadite for homebirth?

Of course if I get really serious about the idea, I will have to make some calls. Right now it's still early and I just wanted to hear what you guys thought!
#2 of 2 Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think you could be a candidate for a successful homebirth. Yes, many TC homebirth midwives do carry pitocin. (Mine did.) And it seems to me that your history makes it somewhat easier to know what to expect (which is half the battle). I'm thinking it's a good sign that you responded well to pitocin in the past. Naturally you'd choose a MW who carries pitocin and is experienced in its use (and very experienced, in general); you'd spill all the details to your MW; and you'd together hammer out a plan for either preventing or safely managing postpartum hemorrhage.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page