Baby-friendly movie theaters in Twin Cities? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know if there are movie theaters in the Twin Cities that have showings where babies are welcome? I've heard of this sort of thing (elsewhere) but can't find any info on it here. Thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 PM

I know there's a baby-and-kid-friendly theater around here. Read an article or an ad about it sometime during the past year. It's in the southern suburbs somewhere, I think -- but I can't for the life of me remember where, or what its name is.

Alternatively: I know from experience that the Riverview Theater (S. Mpls.) is baby-friendly. DH and I brought DS there at the ripe old age of 1 mo. to see "The Two Towers," and the manager didn't even bat an eyelash. (We knew DS would sleep thru it b/c commotion always knocked him out as a baby -- and we were right. )

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#3 of 7 Old 11-14-2008, 10:19 PM

A few Kerasotes theaters in the Twin Cities offer Matinee Movie Magic, where you can take your baby to the movies during one afternoon each week. I think they keep the lights up a little and the volume a little lower. The Web site lists these three:

ShowPlace 16 in Coon Rapids, MN
ShowPlace 16 in Inver Grove Heights, MN
Block E Stadium 15 in Minneapolis, MN

You can sign up for a newsletter on the link above to get the weekly movie schedule.
#4 of 7 Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 PM

I hear rumors that the Excelsior theater has a crying room, but I haven't actually gotten the free time to go to a movie and sneak a peek.
#5 of 7 Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junomama View Post
A few Kerasotes theaters in the Twin Cities offer Matinee Movie Magic, where you can take your baby to the movies during one afternoon each week. I think they keep the lights up a little and the volume a little lower. The Web site lists these three:

ShowPlace 16 in Coon Rapids, MN
ShowPlace 16 in Inver Grove Heights, MN
Block E Stadium 15 in Minneapolis, MN

You can sign up for a newsletter on the link above to get the weekly movie schedule.
We went to the mom and me movie once....it was awesome! I love the fact that they turned down the sound as well, so my baby's ears weren't injured.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#6 of 7 Old 11-21-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post
I hear rumors that the Excelsior theater has a crying room, but I haven't actually gotten the free time to go to a movie and sneak a peek.

Belleweather: are you in the cities now????

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#7 of 7 Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 PM

The Excelsior Dock Cinema does NOT have a crying room. Boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Belleweather: are you in the cities now????
If you call Excelsior "The Cities", yep. I got made an offer I couldn't refuse by one of the enormous health care companies in town, so we moved.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page