Denver-area night nurse? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-29-2009, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

We're expecting twins in November, #3 and #4 for us. We think we will need some nighttime help, and are considering hiring a night nurse for a few weeks.

I'm looking for a recommendation for someone wonderful who is:

1. Experienced with twins (or multiples)
2. Familiar with INTACT CARE (not sure if we have any boys in here, but we have two other boys, so reasonably likely)
3. Pro-breastfeeding, and who will help me figure out how the heck to do two at once (I am a HUGE nurser, and expect to be successful, but recognize that this may require learning for me and the babies, too ... and need support in place to keep my spirits up!)

We have two older sons, so we have some idea what we're doing with babies, just not two at once Also, we welcome opinions, but expect that our wishes will be followed in the case that we have different ideas (for example: my DH is immovable on disposable diapers...he's not budging on gDiapers or cloth, period).

Lastly, most likely my parents will be around after the twins are born, and, although they are mostly wonderful, they can also be a challenge at times ... the right person will be able to tolerate (or even love) them, too.

Anyone know anyone? Anyone have any experience with having twins and using a night nurse/nanny? For example, how long might we need someone? etc.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, recommendations, observations ...
#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 AM

Oh man, I live in MN so no help here sorry, but I plan to move to CO hence being on this board, BUT I readyour post and seriously I would have LOVED to do this!!! I am sorta obsessed with sweet chubby cute looking babies so twins is such a big bonus!!! I am looking into pp doula-ing and this would line right up with that!!! Man if I was in the Denver area NOW I'd be applying!

Good luck with your such and a huge huge huge CONGRATS!!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Hi vachi, congratulations on your twins! Mine are 3 now and always keep things entertaining. I agree, a postpartum doula sounds like it might be a good choice for you. Here is the listing from the Colorado Doulas page--if you scroll down, you'll see who offers services as a postpartum doula. There is a night-nanny service in Denver, whose name I've forgotten, but I suspect their standard childcare practices might not line up with your desires. http://www.coloradodoulas.com/denver.html#postpartum
I did not use a night nanny or doula, though there were about a dozen times I certainly would've liked to those first couple of months! (We always thought about that in retrospect..."geez, that was a rough night, what I would've given for some help!"
Best wishes for a beautiful birth and uneventful transition to MoM-hood. Also, stop by the "parenting multiples" forum here at MDC when you get a chance!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#4 of 7 Old 09-09-2009, 11:48 PM

You should contact Angela Seeling. She is a fabulously experienced doula who also had twins for babies 2 and 3. I highly recommend her!!!
Angela Seeling <angela.seeling@gmail.com>
#5 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 11:44 PM

Just read your post, congratulations!
I took a class from a post-partum doula over at Rose a few years ago (she taught a breast-feeding class, but also mentioned that she ran her own business). Her website http://www.passivedescent.com/index.php
You may have found something already, but just thought I'd pass on the info!
Good luck to you all.

Mom to a beautiful girl (born 6/07), and one on the way (11/09), married to my sweetheart since 9/06
#6 of 7 Old 04-13-2011, 12:54 PM

Hello,

Smooth Transitions offers In-home Newborn Care. You can contact them at 303-635-0979 or

www.smothtransitions.net

#7 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 01:54 PM

Sleep Tight, OverNight LLC Nannies are all trained on The Happiest Baby On The Block as well as Dunstan Baby Language!

Check Us out at www.sleeptightovernight.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page