Favorite doctors in Fort Collins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-20-2009, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know these questions come up on this subforum a lot, so forgive me. I did peruse the archives, but only found a few answers.

Please tell me names of doctors you love, either pediatiricians or family practitioners! It's important they be in Fort Collins proper, but anywhere in town is fine.

My ideal doc is someone who is knowledgeable and supportive of alternative/holistic medicine, in addition to all the MD science. Of course, also open to alternative vax schedules, non-circumcising (we're still undecided on this issue!), co-sleeping. And someone who isn't antibiotic-happy for every little illness.

Thanks for your referrals!!!

New mommy to baby boy, born 2/24/10!
#2 of 6 Old 11-23-2009, 03:10 PM

If you are looking for a naturopath I recommend Lorraine Caron in Fort Collins.

OTE=MamaMorgana;14701990]I know these questions come up on this subforum a lot, so forgive me. I did peruse the archives, but only found a few answers.

Please tell me names of doctors you love, either pediatiricians or family practitioners! It's important they be in Fort Collins proper, but anywhere in town is fine.

My ideal doc is someone who is knowledgeable and supportive of alternative/holistic medicine, in addition to all the MD science. Of course, also open to alternative vax schedules, non-circumcising (we're still undecided on this issue!), co-sleeping. And someone who isn't antibiotic-happy for every little illness.

Thanks for your referrals!!![/QUOTE]

Trying to balance a preschooler and peace....
#3 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 11:35 PM

My doc is Eliz Albritton who practices on the very south end of FTC (right off of Carpenter Rd. and 287). She's a family practitioner. She's been good with my treating ailments with herbal approaches first and is good with my vegan diet. I believe that she & her partner have some sort of center for holistic medicine affiliated with their practice.

My kids see Carole Anderson at the FTC Youth Clinic. She's a DO/pediatrician. It is a large practice, though, so you may not see your doc of choice if you are going in for an illness and it isn't an apt you set up a while in advance. I can't vouch for the other docs with the practice in terms of their AP/NFL friendliness.

Dr. Anderson, though, was quite fine with my extended bf, co-sleeping, and selective vaxing. She's stood up for me when I was questioned by one of their nurses about not having done the varicella vaccine and even wrote a letter to dd's preschool telling them that she wasn't getting that vax w/out specifying why which seemed to be read as a "medical exemption" by the preschool. She was quite positive about my nursing dd at her 2 y/o well check as well, which was nice. Dds are quite a bit older than that now, though !

I don't have boys, so I have not personal knowledge of her knowledge of intact little boys, but I'd encourage you to visit the case against circumcision board here. I researched the issue quite a bit since I didn't know what we were having right away. It turned out I didn't need to argue with dh so much since they were girls anyway, though.
#4 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 12:56 AM

Dr. Towbin and all the NPs at Ultimate Health & Wellness are fantastic.

Married to Matt, mom to three crazy dogs and beautiful Miles, born 12/12/09:
#5 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 AM

I have hAd good luck with the peds at FYYC as well. Most have given
me info and then let me make decisions. It is a big practice though so some rationships are hard to build.
#6 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 01:35 AM

I'll put in a good word for Dr. Drysdale at MedPeds.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page