Need CNM or Midwifeish female doc in Colorado Springs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 32 weeks and having to find a new care provider. I was seeing Sharon Ruyak, but we had a falling out and now I need a new care provider. I would just have another homebirth, but we switched insurance and now insurance won't cover it, so that is not an option and I am very sad about it. I need to deliver at either Memorial North or the new Penrose/St. Francis hosptial on Woodmen (since that is the area we live in)....any suggestions?

Thanks!

Heidi : Married for 15 years, expecting our 8th baby in July!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM

The only other CNM is at Penrose, Jana Flesher, 719-884-9962, http://www.exceptionalcareforwomen.com . She also works with a great OB, Dr. Ellen Arendt. The rest of the CNM's in town are either at Evans Army Hospital or Peak Vista CHC.

Another decent OB is Dr. Lisa Hovenga, 719-473-2424, http://www.womensassociates.com .

: : Candace McCollett, CBE, CLD, student midwife : : : : :
Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions and taking the time to respond! I knew about Jana Flesher, but was hoping to find someone who delivered at Memorial North (from what I've heard, they have the best hospital policies for non-intervention birth and after-care of the newborn...do you know?) Dr. Hovenga sounds cool (just read the bio she wrote on her site), but from what I can gather she delivers at Memorial central.

Heidi : Married for 15 years, expecting our 8th baby in July!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM

Yeah, I would agree, Memorial North is the best hospital in town to have a baby. But unfortunately, I cannot think of any other "midwifeish female doc's" at North. I had one client who was happy with Dr. Ranna Christenson, 719-282-4206, but she has had some bad online reviews. There are no other CNM's at Memorial North besides Sharon. My next recommendation for North would be Dr. Christian York, but he is male, 719-327-2229, http://www.northspringsobgyn.com . Check out his philosophy on birth, pretty cool.

: : Candace McCollett, CBE, CLD, student midwife : : : : :
Old 02-16-2010, 05:31 PM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
its so hard here to have a natural birth in a hospital... i would say North is a great choice, but you other choice (the new Penrose) is great too. i have had 2 friends deliver there and they seem to be very open minded and i had my surgery there. the staff was amazing!

GOOD LUCK. i would say get a Doula!!! they are perfect for support and you can find one that meets YOUR needs and one that is likeminded to YOU!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.

User Tag List