Homeschooling in Kansas? anyone bt/dt? starting at kindergarten age... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds just turned 4 so technically won't be kindy age until fall 2011, but i am trying to get myself in order and prepared. My main hang up is on the whole legality of age to homeschool in kansas isn't until the child is 7, so how should the earlier years be documented to count? At 7 children must must have 186 hours a year= 6 hours a day/5 days a week, so what of the kindergarten? My ds would be going into 2nd by 7, so i am just trying to square away the whole age 5 and 6 mystery...i try googling and can't find anything.

TIA

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#2 of 4 Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 PM

I believe that you don't have to worry about anything until the age of 7, when it becomes "mandatory". I have a 5 year old and 3 year old that we will homeschool when they are of the right age. I'm not concerned with formal Kindergarten. We'll probably worry more about it when my oldest is closer to 7.

http://www.kansashomeschool.org/content/view/27/78/

Sytera~ WAHM to Kale (4/9/05), Kace (7/20/07), & Baby K (with God May 2009, Sept 2010).
Little Star Creations- Etsy, Hyena Cart, Facebook, Blog
#3 of 4 Old 07-20-2010, 06:11 PM

It's super easy.
You just have to submit your intent to homeschool and then homeschool.

Mother to Sandrel(oct 2003) and Liesl(mar 2006) and someone new coming February 2013

#4 of 4 Old 07-25-2010, 09:15 PM

I simply registered as a "private school" and then started homeschooling. We pulled DD1 in the middle of second grade, so we told the school, but we haven't "told" anyone with the other two (three once DS2 is old enough). My school knows they are attending.

Leigh

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page