Visiting Crested Butte - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
mlh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Gunnison/Crested Butte Mamas! My family is taking a trip to CB next week and we are so excited! Anything we need to check out? I have 2 daughters, 3 and 6, and a 6 month old puppy.
Thanks for any info!!

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
Mama to Magnolia and Sienna Raynebow
#2 of 2 Old 08-13-2010, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! We've just returned from our CO road trip, during which we spent one overnight in CB. We stayed at the Old Town Inn. It was perfect for us. Very nice staff, affordable rates (esp. compared to other lodging prices in CB), great breakfast, afternoon tea and homemade cookies, and a hot tub. The Town Park is right across the street, and the other (newer) park is a few blocks' walk away from there. My kids loved both...but the view of Mt. CB is nicer (unobstructed) from the new park.

Since we were there only 1 night, obviously we didn't do everything that could be done in CB. We walked up and down Elk Avenue, where all the shops/eateries are. We had great pizza and calzones at Secret Stash, which is at the very end of Elk Ave. Our kids loved the little hideout under the stairs there and all the groovy hippie decor. They had fun poking around in Pooh's Corner (toy store) too.

On an earlier trip to CB (sans kids), my sister and I hiked up Mt. CB. You can get there easily from town via the free shuttle. Apparently one can ride the ski lifts in the summer too.

Have a great trip!

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page