Charter/alternative schools in Ft. Collins. How are they, are how hard is it to get in? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are considering a move to Ft. Collins and have just begun researching the school situation. Can anyone tell me anything about the charter or alt. schools there? Our kids are all elementary aged. The expeditionary learning school sounds really cool, and we are also possibly interested in the school with science emphasis or arts/technology.

I would love to hear from anyone who has kids in any of these or other non-private alt. or charter schools, what you think, and if they are hard to get into. I know a lot of charter schools in various states have a lottery system or long waiting list. Our kids are in a wonderful charter here in AZ, and while our girls got right in, it took a full school year to get our son into his grade.

TIA!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM

I don't live in Ft. Collins; I live about 70 miles north in Wyoming but I dream of living there and sending my kids to Ft. Collins charters. Here is a website that you might find helpful:
http://www.greatschools.org/
Old 10-12-2010, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I didn't think of looking on greatschools.com. I've used that site before for schools here in AZ. Off to check it out.

I hope you get to move!

Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 AM

The Ridgeview classical charter is excellent, but quite hard to get in. I've heard good things about the T Paul Acadamy of the Arts, which is fairly new but supposed to be good and easy to get in. The normal public schools (Pouder school distict) are also very good and actually rank some of the highest in the state, so even if they don't get into a charter right away they should still get a high quality educational experience.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, lunarlady. I'm going to check those ones out. It's good to hear that the arts school isn't hard to get into.

User Tag List