Homebirth midwife in Manhattan, Ks area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-16-2010, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My older sister moved to Manhattan Ks with her family this last summer. They recently decided to have a third child and have a homebirth. It will be their first homebirth.
Anyways, She is having troubles finding midwives. The one she found would be on vacation at the time of her due date if she is pregnant right now (they are waiting a few more days to take a test). I was just wondering if anyone knows of anymore midwives that would do a homebirth in manhattan, ks. My sister isn't too sure how fast her labor will go because she had an epideral for her first 2 kids.
Any help would be great!
#2 of 3 Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM

I'm sorry, I don't know of any homebirth midwives in the area. Some women in Manhattan do drive to the Topeka Birth & Women's Center, though. It's a wonderful freestanding birth center, and as close to a homebirth as you can get without actually being at home. I had both of my kids there. It's about an hour (maybe a little less) from Manhattan.

#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM

I don't know of any midwives in Manhattan, but there are some in that general area. The Birth Partners website would be a great place to look. If she can't find a good option closer, I'd consider taking her, though I'm 2-2.5 hours away, so it wouldn't be an ideal situation.

http://www.preciousbeginningsmidwifery.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page