Looking for an extra crunchy pedi in Colorado?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We move to Westminster in one month and I would love to find a really natural type of doctor for my boys. Someone who knows nutrition and diet, natural healing, ok with not vaccinating etc. Don't mind driving a bit if we find a good doc. Thx

xoxoxox

#2 of 6 Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't know how far you'd have to drive, but we go to Partners in Pediatrics. I know they have a Denver office.

They are pretty open with an alternative schedule. They do a lot of integrative medicine & we've been happy with them not always pushing the antibiotics, etc. We're doing the traditional schedule (long story), but I have a friend who does the alternative schedule & hasn't run into any problems.

That being said, you will have to find which one of their doctors you "click" with. Although the practice is very open-minded, each physician & PA has his/her own philosophies. You could probably talk to the receptionist when making the initial appointment to get set up with one who most closely matches your ideals. Once you find the doc that you like, then you can schedule your appointments with him/her.

I'm sure Boulder has some great docs that might be a little close to you, although I don't know any. Good luck and hope you have a smooth move to Colorado!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#3 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM

We also go to Partners in Pediatrics in Denver, and I really like their overall philosophy.  It is true that it may take some time to find a pediatrician you really "click" with because there are so many doctors and PA's practicing there.  I like that they are open to to selective vaccination/ non-vaxing.  They give you this really amazing book when you become a patient there called Naturally Healthy Child-  it is great to have on hand and offers a variety of natural and home remedies.   That being said, my one disappointment so far is that there is really no guarantee that you will be able to see same pediatrician every time, especially for sick visits.  Well visits can be booked months in advance, so your chances are better, but in hindsight, I wish I had chosen an individual practice for that reason.   

My natural childbirth class instructor/doula sent me a list of other like-minded ("crunchy") pediatricians all over the Denver Metro area that many of her clients have recommended.  I copied and pasted her list below.  Good luck!!

1. Julie Becker-Cordova, MD

Littleton Pediatric Medical Center

8340 S. Sangre de Cristo Rd.

Littleton, CO 80127

303) 979-1234

www.littletonpediatrics.medem.com

2. Gabriel Godina, MD

1930 S Federal Blvd
Denver, CO 80219
(303) 934-2202

3.  Susan Fudge-Ericson

Pediatrics West

Wheatridge: (720) 284-3717

4.  Cheryl LeBlanc,

Arvada Pediatrics

(303) 421-6873

5.  Hal Stein

Denver West Pediatrics

Lakewood:  (303) 216-0333

6.  Shen Nagel

Pediatrics West

Wheatridge:  (720) 284-3700

7.   Aspen Park Pediatrics

Conifer:  (303) 838-3355

8.  Michelle Uthoff-Cambell

Pediatric Acupuncture & Holistic Medicine

Denver:  (303) 921-6263

#4 of 6 Old 03-30-2011, 02:39 PM

I recommend Dr. Terri Fox at Holistica in Boulder.  Boulder is not a far drive from Denver.  She will see the whole family.

novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.gifwaterbirth.jpghomebirth.jpg
#5 of 6 Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM

I beyond recommend Dr. Debby Hamilton in Boulder (http://www.holisticpediatric.com/)

She doesn't support vaccines. She is pro nutrition, healing in alternative ways, has a lot of experience treating hard cases (allergies, autism), she's a DAN doctor and she is a beautiful person. She's our daughter's doctor, and our daughter (with severe allergies) has come so far under Dr. Debby's care! I've recommended her many times and just had two friends take their kiddos to her and they were so pleased.

Good luck to you! smile.gif

#6 of 6 Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 PM

We see Dr Blanning in downtown Denver.   We pay cash as he doesn't process insurance papers.  You'd have to submit things to your insurance yourself.

He is AWESOME!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page