Seeking childcare options for attachment parented infant - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, It will be some months yet before our little one joins us on the outside, but I am exploring options for childcare for an attachment parented infant in the hopes of being prepared before she arrives. Due to our financial situation, I will be going back to work after 12 weeks, for 26 hrs per week. Husband and I are going to try to keep our schedules as open as possible so that baby will be with one of us most of the time, but there will be few days a week when we will need some childcare, and I want this care provided by someone who is savvy to attachment parenting and will work with our style of parenting. Does anyone know of where I can find this information out? Also, I am considering staying home and caring for another infant along with my own rather than going back to work. Does anyone know where I could find other attachment parents who might be interested in such a relationship between families? Thanks for your help!! namaste.gif

BTW I live in Longmont and work in Boulder

#2 of 5 Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM

Do you have a natural parenting group, home birth circle, or LLL meetings near you? Those are all good places to meet parents with similar values to your own. Good luck!

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#3 of 5 Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks LunarLady! Good suggestions. I don't have any of these things in place yet, but certainly good resources to seek out in our community! I'll let you know how it goes.

#4 of 5 Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 PM

I work in Westminister full time and I am also interested in this answer.  I am not 100% satisfied with the home daycare I have my son in now.  If you decide to stay home and watch another child, I am very interested in having you watch mine.  :)

He is 8 months now so will be quite a bit older than your baby.  I will keep my eye on this thread to see if you find any good options.  I have been looking myself for a long time.  It is so difficult!  It is smart to start your search now.

novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.gifwaterbirth.jpghomebirth.jpg
#5 of 5 Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I live in Thornton, and I am looking to leave my job as an elementary classroom teacher after 11 years and open an attachment parenting-friendly daycare and preschool.

I was fortunate enough when my daughter was little to have friends watch who were willing to feed her my milk and hold her and meet her needs.  I would love to give that back to other families.  And now also to teach and educate my own daughter in line with my beliefs, rather than those of the public school system. :)

Anyway, if you are interested, or know of anyone who is, I am looking to start with probably one family this summer (June) while I go through the licensing process, and then add more families... offering a full experiential preschool curriculum, and attachment relationship care for little ones.

Breastfeeding supportive (my daughter nursed until 3 1/2, AND she hated bottles as an infant), non-vax friendly, cloth-diaper friendly, organic, nutritious foods... Fully AP-Friendly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page