What do we HAVE to do while visiting Boulder area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are visiting as prospective new residents and what are some suggestions you have? 

What do you love about where you live??

Is it a good place to raise a family??

Thank you for your kindness!

"Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high,  Still I'll rise." ~ Maya Angelou
#2 of 4 Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM

I grew up in Boulder (and now live in Boston, but planning on moving back in January).  Yes, absolutely a great place to raise a family and grow up.  Public schools are excellent in Boulder.  I'd also look at Louisville/ Lafayette too (personally, as we're planning on moving back, and I realized that I can no longer afford Boulder).  If you are into outdoor activities, there is so much to do... a hike at Chataqua, or on the Mesa trail in South Boulder.  Definitely visit Pearl Street, on a weekend, and see the amazing street performers.  A lot depends on whether it is just you & a partner, or you have kids etc.

When are you visiting and for how long?  Feel free to PM me- I could go on all day about the awesomeness of Boulder. :)  Good luck to you!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#3 of 4 Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much Amy May! I really appreciate it. Our trip to CO was canceled...for Disneyland irked.gif (which will probably be fun but not very restful or relaxing. 

But, thanks for the heads up and good info. Hopefully I can PM you when it's back on. Would love to hear from someone who has lived and loved it. 

Have a good one!

"Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high,  Still I'll rise." ~ Maya Angelou
#4 of 4 Old 11-01-2011, 11:31 PM

If you end up coming out here, I live in Longmont which is also great (not quite as liberal as Boulder), but a wonderful, family-friendly place. Also, if you end up in the Boulder County side of Longmont, you can send your kids to school in any part of Boulder County (depending on space, etc.). I would also recommend hiking at Red Rocks in West Boulder.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page