Mothering Forum banner

What do we HAVE to do while visiting Boulder area?

619 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  deborahbgkelly 
#1 ·
We are visiting as prospective new residents and what are some suggestions you have?

What do you love about where you live??

Is it a good place to raise a family??

Thank you for your kindness!

#2 ·
I grew up in Boulder (and now live in Boston, but planning on moving back in January). Yes, absolutely a great place to raise a family and grow up. Public schools are excellent in Boulder. I'd also look at Louisville/ Lafayette too (personally, as we're planning on moving back, and I realized that I can no longer afford Boulder). If you are into outdoor activities, there is so much to do... a hike at Chataqua, or on the Mesa trail in South Boulder. Definitely visit Pearl Street, on a weekend, and see the amazing street performers. A lot depends on whether it is just you & a partner, or you have kids etc.

When are you visiting and for how long? Feel free to PM me- I could go on all day about the awesomeness of Boulder. :) Good luck to you!

#3 ·
Thank you so much Amy May! I really appreciate it. Our trip to CO was canceled...for Disneyland
irked.gif
(which will probably be fun but not very restful or relaxing.

But, thanks for the heads up and good info. Hopefully I can PM you when it's back on. Would love to hear from someone who has lived and loved it.

Have a good one!

#4 ·
If you end up coming out here, I live in Longmont which is also great (not quite as liberal as Boulder), but a wonderful, family-friendly place. Also, if you end up in the Boulder County side of Longmont, you can send your kids to school in any part of Boulder County (depending on space, etc.). I would also recommend hiking at Red Rocks in West Boulder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.