Northern Colorado Midwife Recommedations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-01-2011, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! I'm new to the Mothering forums and also newly pregnant with #2. Does anyone have any recommendations for midwives in the Northern Colorado (specifically Fort Collins) area that do home births? Any insights, opinions and recommendations are appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 PM

No recommendations since I had my kiddos a loooooong time ago it seams but I live in FOCO! 

#3 of 8 Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Well, if you come across any highly regarded names let me know!

#4 of 8 Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM

I have heard nothing but good things about Beth Karberg (sp?) although I haven't birthed with her myself. Lynda Syzmore (sp?) assisted at my first birth and was excellent, but I am not sure if she is still practicing (may have retired). My last birth went not so well and I wouldn't recommend that midwife, but I don't want to bash anyone in a public forum. PM if you want and I can tell you her name. For more info try to drop into the naturally parenting playgroup in Loveland, or a LLL meeting in FC or Loveland. Lots of homebirthers in those circles and doulas too, so you can get a good idea of who is well regarded here. We had a home birth circle running for a little while too, but attendance was low so I'm not sure if that is still going on. Oh, and the local Bradly instructor is excellent, and had a home birth herself, Lorin and Rich...last name escapes me now. Highly reccomend if you are interested in childbirth classes.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Hope this helps.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#5 of 8 Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your input. I know that choosing a care-provider is a very personal choice but it is so helpful to get opinions from others too. All I have had to go on so far is the websites that a few midwife's in town have. I have heard good things about Beth from one other person also.

#6 of 8 Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM

Hi, this might be late (came across this thread in a search), but wanted to say:
I used Jeni Schraishuhn in Longmont for my recent birth, and she was wonderful. 2 friends have recently used Barbie Burrage in Loveland and both liked her a lot. Another friend used Beth Karberg years ago and liked her. And Kris Dillon is also a local midwife, she was the secondary midwife at my birth and I thought she was awesome.

I hope you find a midwife and have an amazing home birth!

#7 of 8 Old 12-29-2011, 04:14 PM

Try this site it's like yelp for natural birth - we found our midwife through them http://naturallyborn.net/

#8 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 04:48 PM

I realize you may already have found someone. But I homebirthed my second with Beth Karberg and she was excellent!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page