Help! Can someone tell me whether or not I can opt out of Vit K shot and eye drops at birth in Colorado? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We moved from AZ where I could to both. I don't have clamydia or gonorhea and take alfalfa 6 weeks before birth to boost Vitamin K. I feel like I am being pushed into things I don't want to do by people that think "they know best". At this point, I am considering staying home and catching myself! We have Kaiser and they don't do midwives or home births.

#2 of 2 Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, you can. You have to sign a waiver opting out of both, and sit through a doom and gloom talk with the doc, but you can opt out. Just make sure you ask for the opt out forms when you check in. Some hospitals include the authorization for those in their check in paperwork, so you need to read carefully. My friend had a hospital birth and opted out of both.
lillysweets likes this.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page