Need a homebirthing Midwife in North Platte, NE. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-15-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to NE and discovering very quickly that the hospital and OBs in the North Platte area are.just barbaric and the C-sect rate is way too high. We are looking for a homebirthing midwife to assist with our birth in January. Underground is OK! I really don't want to have to fly one out from the East Coast just to homebirth, but I will if that's what it takes. Any information you guys can lend would be great. We have found one in Grand Island but we really don't want the whole birthing center thing.
Thanks
Mandy
#2 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 AM

Mandy,

I have an idea for you.  Can you give me your # and I will call you tonight?

Thanks, LaRee Colburn.

#3 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 PM

There are lots of us in NP area who have had homebirths.  It's not easy, but there are ways.  Contact me if you want to know more 

#4 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

I don't yet know how to contact anyone privately on here but my cell is 540-784-5934 & my email is firebgone576@yahoo.com. I would appreciate any guidance anyone can provide. In Virginia we never had a problem lol, there are midwives every where out there lol.
#5 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM

oops, double post

#6 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 PM

Hi! I'm Laura, regional director for Nebraska Friends of Midwives: Panhandle Chapter. Since I represent the panhandle of Nebraska, I don't have any contacts with midwives in North Platte, but I do know of one in CO who may travel that far. Feel free to get in touch with me by email~ bleggott at hot mail dot com ~, and to like our page on facebook to get connected with our group. We are trying to increase the access to midwives all across the state of Nebraska!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nebraska-Friends-of-Midwives-Panhandle-Chapter

and our main state-wide website is

http://www.nebraskamidwives.org/

#7 of 12 Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 PM

Bumping this post in hopes of finding some info as well... Fairly new to theNorth Platte are from Florida. Just found out i'm pregnant and wanting a homebirth. PLEASE does anyone know of a homebirth midwife anywhere nearby????

#8 of 12 Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 PM

I am having trouble responding to your post.  I can answer any questions you have about my 4 homebirths in the North Platte area.  This part of the state tries to make it seem weird, but there are lots of natural mamas  who get through under the radar anyhow.

The city of North Platte and an awful lot of its mothers love their ob clinic.  It is not a stellar clinic, but it is all they know, and they love it.  The rest of us support each other and do things the natural way and just go about our business of raising our families.  

I'd love to visit with you. 

#9 of 12 Old 07-09-2012, 03:15 PM

What "chapter" would North Platte attend?  I am sort of interested in seeing us get more public support for homebirth in this area.

#10 of 12 Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM

I would love to get together! Just tell me when and where. smile.gif Thanks!
#11 of 12 Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a reply.  Something about my security settings won't let me reply to your pm's.  I would like to know more about you.  Please tell me a little about yourself and also any specific questions you have about home birth in this area.  Thanks, Sadie

#12 of 12 Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Well, I'm Sarah. Mom of 3, ages 9, 8 and 4 (all born at home, in Florida) . Im 11 weeks along and went to my first prenatal appt this afternoon in North Platte. I guess what I'm mainly wondering is if my only option for a home birth is a UC...or if there are any home birth midwives in the area...? Again, thanks so much for responding! smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page